Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

INternet Explorer.. Freezing..chopping..stalling..smudgingg.. and freezing some more

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 viperwav

viperwav

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:55 AM

I dont knwo what the deal is.. other than the fact I gave gateway a chance when I knew Id regret it**

I have a Gateway FX Notebook
4 gigs of ram
Nvidia 9800 gts video card.. the works..

When I first got this sytem it ran great.. until the hard drive magically died about 8 months later.. so I installed 2 new 500 gig hard drives, instaleld windows and all the drivers.. and for some reason.. when ever I go to use INternet explorer.. it takes frever to load, and like freezes .. wont let mem click on anything.. so i wait.. and wait.. finally it lets me click on something and it tries loading like 10 things at once.. then freezes.. stalls again.. page scross and sticks...until the nex30 seond to min wait load and freeze..

Ive tried reinstalling windows, updates.. the whole nine yards.. and the damn ie explorer still persists to run like a 100 lb bag of bricks dragged behind a moped... and Im about to toss this thing in the toilet.. and flush 3 times rinse and repeat with a oveern baked infally.... :huh: :huh:

Any help would be greatly appreciated... I looked for the avg ( issue I seen posted ) i dont have it on here.. also couldnt find anything about zone alarms either.. so Im up a creek in a sinking blow up raft.

Corey

Edited by The weatherman, 30 July 2009 - 11:01 AM.
Removed email address~Tw

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Shadowdance

Shadowdance

• Members
  • 314 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:56 PM

Have you tried scanning with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware or Spybot Search & Destroy?

Once I had the same problem with IE6 (lol) and Mozilla FF and turned to be a malware...

WIN 7 ULTIMATE EN, AMD Dual-Core A4-6320, 3.8GHz (Turbo 4GHz), MB: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. A55BM-E Rev X.0x, DDR3 SIN 1333 4GB, AMD Radeon HD 8370D, Realtek High Definition Audio,

Seagate ST500DM002-1BD142 500GB

#3 KonamiYoto

KonamiYoto

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:41 PM

Hello,

What version of IE are you using?

~Zane

0 user(s) are reading this topic