Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Loss internet connection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shtay

shtay

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 PM

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:55 AM

Dear fellow experts,

I have just run this program earlier and after the desk top reboot I could not connect to the internet. I have run a check on my computer found the the IP address show 0.0.0.0.0.

what has happened? I have called the service provider the technician claim that the cable from the modem to the computer need to be replaced. but I have used another cable, having done the IPCONFIG still finds the IP address not available. Currently am using the same modem connected to a wireless router, with my laptop the modem is working, but the desk top is not...

need help and advice on how to go about in getting back the IP address back into the desk top.

Thanks in advance.

shtay

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:51 PM

Have you triedd setting the connection up anew, using the XP wizard for such?

FWIW: When using a router, the router is referred to as a residential gateway. When setting up the connection anew, that's the option that should be selected.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users