Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I get rid of false unread email messages in Windows Live

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:07 AM

Hi guys,
I use Firefox as my default browser and have a shortcut bookmarked for access to my Hotmail account in WLM. I only ever use IE7 for Windows Updates, however yesterday I was installing my new Microsoft Lifecam VX-1000 and on installation I had to open up WLM in order to check if the video/audio was working. I did notice at the time I signed in that I had three unopened emails but never checked them at that time. After ensuring the cam and mic were working I exited WLM and opened Firefox. Using my shortcut I opened my Hotmail account as per usual, read the three emails exited hotmail and continued my browsing. Later that evening on going to sign in I saw the "you have 3 unopened emails" message under my account icon. Although I have read and deleted these emails and my hotmail account is all read I cannot seem to get rid of this message. Has anyone ever experienced this and how did you solve it?.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:33 AM

Download and install Tweak UI from Microsoft Scroll down about half-way, it will be on the right side of the page.

After installation, open Tweak UI from your start menu. It may be listed under Power Toys.
Choose Logon in the menu, then Unread Mail.
Uncheck Show unread mail on Welcome screen, then choose the scope.
Click Apply.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 30 July 2009 - 07:34 AM.

#3 bluesjunior

bluesjunior
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:22 PM

Thanks Queen-Evie, I have done that and problem solved.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users