Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

screen goes black and restarts

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Paulrenno

Paulrenno

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:00 AM

ive noticed when I go into My Computer and right click Properties on the C drive, the screen immediately goes black and restarts.
I went into Event Viewer and I had three red marks. 1 was about my HP printer which I think ive solved. 2/ is to do with my old Epson printer which I deleted when I put the HP printer on. it said 'Epson Bidirectional Service failed to start' and im not sure what 3 was.

When i deleted Epson, i was surprised to see quite a few entries in Reg Cleaner so I deleted them, and its since then that ive had this problem.
Of course, it may have nothing to do with it.

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 genius12

genius12

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:17 AM

Search your computer from start menu / search and click advanced options and place a check in : search system folders, search subfolders, search hidden files and folders. Then type in Epson and search. Whatever is found, delete and empty the recycle bin.

Then, search the registry.

NOTE: Before making any changes to the registry, you should always make a backup of it. Download ERUNT to backup the registry. LINK: ERUNT

1) Open regedit by typing 'regedit' in start menu / run.

2) In the new window, click Edit drop-down menu on the top and click find.

3) Type in Epson, and click find/search.

4) Whatever is found, delete it. 

5) Keep click Find Next from the Edit drop down menu and deleting everything that's found until a message appears  saying: fininshed searching the registry.

RESTART.
Now, after the restart, also make sure that the logical disk manager service is running.

Start menu / run / type, services.msc

Look for logical disk manager.

Right-click it, and select Properties. 

In the window that pops-up, set the start-up type to automatic and click start if the service hasn't already started.

Without this service running, you won't be able to view dynamic disk status by right-clicking your C: drive in My Computer.

Genius12

Edited by genius12, 30 July 2009 - 01:24 AM.

" Determination is the cause of Intervention."-Muhammad Shariq

#3 Paulrenno

Paulrenno
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:17 AM

Thats very impressive. Thanks a lot. Im at work at the moment but will definitely give that a try tonight.
I will post my findings tomorrow if thats ok with you.

#4 citruscomputers

citruscomputers

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:30 AM

If that doesnt work check your hardware.

#5 Paulrenno

Paulrenno
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:48 AM

Ive done all that and so far so good. Ive tried right clicking properties in C drive and got straight through several times.
Also i have checked Event Manager three times after three starts, and its all clear.

Hopefully thats solved it.

Thanks again pal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users