Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Keyboard issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rembert

Rembert

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:44 PM

I think my brother has managed to lock his keyboard somehow. I've tried changing the batteries and resyncing it. Nothing....the only button that seems to work is the F Lock (function) button, and I know this due to the little green light that indicates that the F Lock is on (there is one for each the NUM & CAPS buttons that do not come on). He's had the board for about 2 years with no problem and now this. The wireless mouse is working fine. I went through the settings and accessibility and none of the sticky keys or anything like that are turned on. I've unplugged it and no luck. Anyone help me out? Thanks!

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KonamiYoto

KonamiYoto

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:38 PM

Hello,

Your keyboard seems to have lost it's initial connection with the wireless USB (Universal Serial Bus) receiver plugged into your computer therefore causing the encryption to activate, locking your keys.
  • Hold down CTRL + ALT on the left hand side of your keyboard. While holding down these keys together press the F12 key.

• Once you have held down all three of these keys all together you will let them go all at once. This is after you have held them down for approximately 5 seconds.

• Next step is to reconnect the small black USB Receiver with the keyboard. You will press a small red/black connect button located on the receiver. This connect button is often really small and often mistaken as a reset button.

• Once you have located the connect button on the receiver press it once and let go (Do not, I repeat, do not hold this button down). Flip the keyboard over to its backside. On its backside, you should notice a red connect button or a on/off switch. If you are one of the ones with a switch then turn the keyboard off then back on again. If not then continue as followed. Once you have located either one you will press the button once then let go.
Once you complete those steps, begin to test your keyboard. If it still does not work, try these steps once more.

~Zane

Edited by KonamiYoto, 29 July 2009 - 10:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users