Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't log on Windows

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jawni

Jawni

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:13 PM

This morning Win Update had another important update, think from last night, so I installed that. It promted a reboot so I did that. Everything seemed fine to be going just fine, but by the time it had booted up Windows and was configuring the update, it never passes that and restarts my laptop on its own. After that it gets stuck in a loop until I shut the thing down.

I've tried to boot it in safe mode, but I can't even do that. I tried that last working restore point, but that failed as well. There was also the option of disabling restart in case of a crash, but it still restarted. Startup Repair doesn't work either. All I get from that is a promt to restore factory settings.

I would rather avoid using my backups since... It's been couple months now since I last backed up my files and there are some things I wouldn't want to lose.

Laptop: FS Amilo Pa 3553

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 princess_sophia

princess_sophia

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:31 PM

Do you have the vista dvd because according to this article you may need it to perform a repair install.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsg...amp;m=1&p=1
Welcome to McMalwareCrushers! Would you like to try our ultimate destruction combo for the low low price of FREE?

Over 00000000 satisfied customers!

"If there's a will, there's a way, if not then there is always linux".
"You are never too old to be a kid again".

#3 Jawni

Jawni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:00 PM

That doesn't help me. I dont have a DVD. My laptop had Vista pre-installed, and I can't boot it in safe mode. =/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users