Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internet

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 joeno

joeno

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:08 AM

i hve installed usb wireless adapter on my laptop, i have good signal but its says aquiring network address
can any one help
thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 KonamiYoto

KonamiYoto

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:11 AM

Hello,

This can often be an issue with security encryption. There may be a wrong key entered or the client adaptor does not support the encryption used.
To try and solve this first change the SSID on your AP so your laptop will be forced to create a new profile. Then set security to basic WEP 64bit and try to connect again. Update the wireless adaptors drivers.
If you have any third party Firewalls, try and temporarily disable them to make sure they aren't blocking it.
Good luck!

~Zane

#3 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:26 AM

I am assuming you are connecting to your own wireless router? Do you have any security set up on the router?

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#4 monkeywrench

monkeywrench

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:33 AM

Your laptop doesn't have a mini-card? How were you connecting (if you were) before? What kind of encryption are you using? Have you install any drivers lately? etc. The more info that you can provide, the easier the problem can be narrowed down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users