Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC is sending spam email

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 maureenc

maureenc

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 PM

Posted 29 July 2009 - 08:49 AM

I have a system at work, which has been identified as sending spam email. I have run Norton Antivirus, MalwareByte, and SuperAntispyware. After removing some viruses, I thought the system was clean. But yesterday I got a notification from AT&T that the system is still sending spam. I noticed on this system an error in the event viewer about too many tcpip connections being opened. I downloaded and ran combofix, but that is as far as I got. I would like to upload a log to see if anyone can assist me in resolving this issue. My problem now is that once I ran combofix, I cannot restore my network connections. I have tried to repair the connection, reinstall the hardware, reset the winsock, but nothing works. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 PM

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:06 PM

You have know experienced why we warn users against using ComboFix without guidance. Please see the note in blue at the top of this forum.

Our best solution is to post a DDS log in the HJT forum. You may have to move the program to you computer and the log from your computer via flash drive, but the team will help as best they can. They may also ask for the combofix log, but do not post it until asked. Trust me here, they are the experts.

Please follow this guide from step (6). Post a HJT log to the HJT forum and a Team member will be along to help you as soon as possible. You may wish to post a link back to this topic to see what was discussed thus far.

If you need any help with the guide, please let me know.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users