Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Search engine hijack. Cearch tools useless

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 ancal3

ancal3

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:09 PM

Hello. My browser has been hijacked. Every time I type something in the search box whether yahoo, Google, Live, etc. I always gets redirected to some URL called clickover.cn. I have run three different antirus/antispyware softwares namely AVG, Avast and Malware Bytes. All of them detected a trojan and a memory residet virus. Problem is they delete the trojan and the memory resident virus but it reappears after reboot. I suspect the virus/spyware is replicating itself. I have already scan the boot sector and avast supposedly clened it but after reboot, its still there. I did everything short of reformatting the hard drive but I'm afraid that if the virus is in the boot sector, it wont do any good. Please review my Hijackthis log file and advise of any suspicous registry entries. Thanks

Attached File  hijackthis.log   6.28KB   8 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ancal3

ancal3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:21 AM

Browser hijack solved. Used Combofix. The BEST !!!

#3 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:11 AM

Thanks for letting us know ancal3.

ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for private use. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users