Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop cannot connect.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Victim_Zero_One

Victim_Zero_One

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 12 July 2005 - 09:28 PM

Mainly using my laptop for Photoshop/Web Design(offline test), just so I can practice my Java/HTML/CSS/Web Design and whatnot. Anyways, just formatted the laptop and have installed WinXP Pro. Main computer also has WinXP Pro.

I want to set the laptop up for an easy switch of the Cable internet connection, so that I just have to change the wire from the PC to the Laptop and I can get on. Well it's not working. I've setup the 'Tools > Internet Options > Connections' and selected Never Dial A Connection(like on the PC) and in 'LAN Settings' have Automatically Detect Settings checked(just like on the PC).

Cannot get onto the net with the laptop. Obviously there is something wrong I am doing... but what it is I don't know.

When we got the cable internet 2 months ago, all we did was 'Plug and Play' the modem/cable and we were on the net instantly. I have no clue why it wouldn't be like that on the laptop.

Oh, and the laptop's Network Adapter is an Accton EN2242 Series MiniPCI Fast Ethernet Adapter, properly setup with all up to date drivers. Just letting you guys know. If you require additional info, please let me know.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users