Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

reset laptop to original state now no connectivity

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 salty649

salty649

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:58 PM

I reset my HP Pavillion 6700 laptop to it's original state now it won't connect to the internet. I tried using the ping command www.google.com the response was "could not find host" I have an adsl modem and d Dlink wireless router.
I am also running a desk top PC that is running fine and connects ok. Should I reinstall the router on both machines again?? I am also using network magic it is asking for a WEP code for the laptop which I don't have. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 salty649

salty649
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:03 PM

I reset my HP Pavillion 6700 laptop to it's original state now it won't connect to the internet. I tried using the ping command www.google.com the response was "could not find host" I have an adsl modem and d Dlink wireless router.
I am also running a desk top PC that is running fine and connects ok. Should I reinstall the router on both machines again?? I am also using network magic it is asking for a WEP code for the laptop which I don't have. :thumbsup:

Does anybody have a suggestion??? This is making me nuts!!

#3 spdfrk78

spdfrk78

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:01 PM

I'm having the same problem with my Toshiba laptop and my Linksys router. I reset the laptop to "out-of-the-box" state. I no longer have a Desktop, so I installed the Linksys on the laptop. I can connect to the internet just fine but I cannot connect wirelessly. I'll let you know if I can fix this problem.
Toshiba Satellite Laptop
Hoping to build some type of "Hot Rod" multi-media machine

#4 spdfrk78

spdfrk78

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:56 AM

Make sure that the encryption key your laptop set at is the same as the router is using. That was the problem I was having. My laptop was set to use AES type encryption and the router was using TKIP. I use Linksys Easy Advisor and it will give you this information under the security tab, I'm sure the Network Magic has a similar option. Or you can find out the router's IP address, paste it into your address bar and it should take you to the router's setting page, assuming that you have the user name and pass word. The setting page also contains the encryption type and encryption key.

All of this worked for my Linksys, I'm not to sure about the DLink though. I hope some of this helps. Good Luck.
Toshiba Satellite Laptop
Hoping to build some type of "Hot Rod" multi-media machine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users