Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Youtube, video streaming problems, slow computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 icarus94

icarus94

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:31 PM

Hello Bleeping comp.
I have a small Acer notebook which has been running fine up until this point.
Lately i have been having trouble using video streams from sites like gametrailers and youtube
the videos eventually load slower than usual but the sound is choppy as is the video, i can hear the the audio skipping very slightly.
Also the sound files (the opening startup sound windows makes, or the pop up error message sound) have been skipping and sound very choppy.

I haven't gotten any important error messages lately either.
If it helps i run VIPRE Antivirus software but it hasn't found anything that could be causing this.
Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: i forgot to say that all other parts of my laptop are running smoothly which is why the problem is so confusion to me

Edited by icarus94, 28 July 2009 - 06:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:42 PM

When you say small Acer is it an Aspire One with SSD? If so I found a small program that makes it run as fast as my tower, it has no issues with streaming video or for that matter nothing else!

Phil

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 icarus94

icarus94
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2009 - 08:00 PM

Yeah its an aspire one, no cd drive just 2 expansion slots for SD cards

#4 icarus94

icarus94
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:17 PM

UPDATE
i run rhapsody | verizon on my notebook as well and its been laggy as well and i still cant seem to remedy the problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users