Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

blue screen

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 polarpimp

polarpimp

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:19 AM

yesterday i was doing a system restore and and in the middle of it the cord got janked out on accident and when i tried to turn it on again i got a blue screen. how can i fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:54 PM

Insert the Windows XP CD into the CD drive, and then restart the computer. Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD drive if you are prompted. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the Recovery Console. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.

Type: chkdsk /r

It's important to have a space before the "/".

To exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer, type exit at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 polarpimp

polarpimp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:00 PM

Insert the Windows XP CD into the CD drive, and then restart the computer. Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD drive if you are prompted. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the Recovery Console. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.

To exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer, type exit at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.

darn i lost my recovery cd, is ther any other way?

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:04 PM

You can create your own Recovery Console disk with this file:

http://www.thecomputerparamedic.com/files/rc.iso

You must burn this file to a CD as an ISO. Post back if you need more information on how to do this.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 polarpimp

polarpimp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:20 PM

You can create your own Recovery Console disk with this file:

http://www.thecomputerparamedic.com/files/rc.iso

You must burn this file to a CD as an ISO. Post back if you need more information on how to do this.

how do i do it? and thanks for havin patience to help me

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:25 PM

Download and install the freeware version of DeepBurner.

http://www.deepburner.com/

When you first start the program select "Burn ISO Image". Select the Image File as the RC.iso. Insert a blank CD and click Burn.

—George Bernard Shaw

#7 polarpimp

polarpimp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:14 PM

Download and install the freeware version of DeepBurner.

http://www.deepburner.com/

When you first start the program select "Burn ISO Image". Select the Image File as the RC.iso. Insert a blank CD and click Burn.

right now im using my vista. will those programs work with it

#8 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:18 PM

Yeah - DeepBurner will work with Vista.

—George Bernard Shaw

#9 polarpimp

polarpimp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:22 PM

thanks i will tell u when i and if i fix the problem. is the computer paramedic like ubcd4win?

#10 polarpimp

polarpimp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:51 PM

i made the cd, so do i follow these same steps? or wat?

#11 flexxx

flexxx

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:53 PM

thanks i will tell u when i and if i fix the problem. is the computer paramedic like ubcd4win?

what is that?

#12 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:57 PM

Yeah, just follow the steps to run chkdsk.

—George Bernard Shaw

#13 polarpimp

polarpimp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2009 - 08:04 PM

what is that?

wat is wat?

#14 polarpimp

polarpimp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:10 AM

darn i lost my recovery cd, is ther any other way?

ok i did wat u tld me to do. and it was saying the percents that it ws at. after it got 2 a 100% percent it didnt do anything. wat do i do after it stops counting?

#15 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:29 PM

Did the scan actually finish?

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users