Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Power Supplies

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jayohallen

jayohallen

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 12 July 2005 - 07:49 PM

Hi
I have been looking for a power supply with a 24 pin MB connector to put in my Rosewill case. I am using a ATI All-in--In-Wonder video card. I want between 400 and 500 watts. I notice some of them have the fan in the top. I don't understand how that works. Do you have to cut a hole in the top of the case? Any recommendations?

Thanks

JIm Allen

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2005 - 01:48 AM

Hi Jim,

A good power supply(PS) has two fans and is installed upside down to the picture.

The reason the fan is on the top in the picture it to show you it has two fans.

I run an Antec 550 True power and after I sent a bad one back the new one rocks. I also run an Antec 380 True power with no problems.

Antec has great products/ customer service and getting a bad PS was a fluke.

Also, Thermalright is fast gaining on Antec with a super 500 watt gamers model that comes with all sorts of extras.

Your call. I would research both to see if they meet your needs.

Let us know,

junkdk :thumbsup:
Your Hardware Guide.

#3 jayohallen

jayohallen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2005 - 04:05 PM

Hi
Thanks for the info. I ordered the Antec 430 from Newegg.

Thanks Again

Jim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users