Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected by parite.b possibly.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Parry B

Parry B

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 28 July 2009 - 08:11 AM

Hi,

I 'll try to be very detailed about the issue. I happened to have had trojans on my computer and so I formatted my machine. Then, I installed Kaspersky antivirus, spybot and ad-aware. Later, I required winrar to extract a certain file and so I thought of getting it from demonoid. It downloaded and when I ran it... my anti virus suspected something and so it blocked it. Then when I logged onto demonoid again, it submitted a torrent under my account all by itself. That's when I realized that something was wrong. Then I run a scan from Kaspersky, Spybot and an online scan from Panda and later also scanned it with ad-aware. It didn't detect anything other than cookies which it deleted too.

The problem itself is that every time the windows boot, a random file xyz.tmp is created in a temp folder under the local user profile. I will attach couple of screenshots of the error message. It's only one error message that I receive and after clicking OK I can resume windows and work normally.

Screenshots:

Posted Image

and...

Posted Image

I 'll also post screenshots of the detected reports from kaspersky:

Posted Image

Their respective definitions on virus list:

http://www.viruslist.com/en/search?VN=Viru...amp;referer=kis

and...

http://www.viruslist.com/en/viruses/encycl.../trojan_generic

I tried deleting the .tmp files manually from that folder but after every boot it creates one .tmp file there.

-----------

I am sorry if I have posted in a wrong section of the forum. It's my first time here. Please help to resolve this problem. Thanking you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users