Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Audigy 2 Platinum output is low

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Anix

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:44 PM

My Audigy 2 Platinum sound card has changed its main output so low that I can hear sound at a very quiet and distorted level only if I turn the volume up all the way. Prior to last night it has worked fine in both Vista 64 and Ubuntu 64. I went to bed (I leave it on all night) and it stopped working when I got up.

The Platinum edition comes with a front breakout box with all kinds of jacks that fits into a optical drive bay. The headphone output and all of the inputs that I am capable of testing work fine in both OSes. I also tried plugging the speakers into the front headphone jack and they work normally except that it is 2.1 sound instead of 5.1.

I have made no setting changes in a while that would explain this problem. I also got new drivers in Vista today, which made no difference from what I can tell.

Is this partially dead hardware? Some kind of power supply issue that has only manifested in the main speaker output out of the blue? An idiot problem? Any ideas?

Phenom X4 9550 64-bit
MSI DKA790GX mobo w/ Integrated video (I have integrated sound turned off)
Audigy 2 Platinum (PCI with front breakout box. As a matter of interest, I haven't been able to get the remote to work in Vista or any Linux distro.)
I don't remember what my power supply is, but it has always been stable and is generally a good PS.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users