Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New PC for design use

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bohehe

bohehe

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 PM

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:36 PM

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum but understand tat the help here is first class! Thanks in advance.
I design using AutoCad (several files are open at a time. While simultaneously having open a photo editor, a furniture design software (promob) and email, word excel, antivirus. Like many people who are constantly connected. Maybe I am playing some music with my Ipod connected.

Sounds crazy but I am sure I am not the only one :blink:

I need a machine that will not collapse or stop/hang. I am more than happy to receive any advice but a list of appropriate components, memory, motherboard, cabinet/power-supply. Graphics etc will me most welcome as I will have the machine built for me.

It is not a gaming machine.

I appreciate you kind help.

Bohehe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 stealthchicken75

stealthchicken75

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 PM

Posted 09 August 2009 - 08:27 PM

I'd highly suggest getting one of the new Core i7 CPUs and some parts to match it. If you're going to be doing a lot of CPU intensive work (which AutoCAD is) while multi-tasking, I don't think you can find a better CPU. As for your GPU, I'd suggest getting an nVidia Quadro based model as they're designed for design and professional use, not for gaming. If you give me an idea of your budget or how much you're planning to spend on a machine, I might be able to get a couple specific build examples put together for you.

Keep in mind that no matter how powerful a computer you get, you're probably going to have several instances where things seem to be running slow, due to the nature of the programs and work you plan to be doing on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users