Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Windows Explorer Needs To Close...Again!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_rickgburton55_*

Guest_rickgburton55_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 27 July 2009 - 01:52 PM

I click on control panel then pick a task and more and more I keep getting the "Windows explorer needs to close" "Send error report". I have spent a lot of time trying to find out how to fix this problem but with no luck. The application log file has no info that would help. I've tried microsoft knoweledge base and windows xp solution center still no luck, any ideas? thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,119 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:12 PM

A concrete example of what application you are using...when this happens...would be useful.

<<I click on control panel then pick a task...>>

Control Panel is not used for picking tasks of any sort. Can you clarify?

Louis

#3 Guest_rickgburton55_*

Guest_rickgburton55_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:36 PM

Sorry, I click on control panel then add or remove programs. The windows explorer needs to close pops up. Earlier today I clicked on control panel then printers and other hardware and then printers and faxes and then the window explorer needs to close window poped up. Tried again, no problems that time. I tried again with controlpanel>printers and other hardware and as soon as I clicked on printers and other hardware the application froze. Ctrl Alt Delete to task manager under the applications tab "control panel not responding" Then "end task". Can usualy get there on 2nd or 3rd try. Yesterday after the "windows explorer needs to close", dr watson debugger had to close also.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,119 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:16 PM

Hmm...sounds to me like Control Panel might be corrupt...but read the following: http://help.lockergnome.com/windows2/Help-...pict483110.html

Dr. Watson and debugger messages...are just "accident reports" being processed after the fact.

I suggest that you take a look at Event Viewer, looking for errors (not info items) that might shed some light on system problems. I would suggest that you attempt to recreate your problematical situation first, then check EV for possible clues.

How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/

And then...there's always the possibility of malware.

Louis

#5 Guest_rickgburton55_*

Guest_rickgburton55_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:38 PM

Application error-Event 1001-Event Properties: Fault bucket 223121472. I've checked microsoft.com but can't find anything that describes my particular problem. Same with Event ID 1000 Faulting application explorer.exe, faulting module unknown. I run Uniblue's registry booster about once a week. I run a weekly full scan with Webroot Spy Sweeper with Anti virus and a full scan with maxsecure spyware detector. By the way thank you for your time.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,119 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:46 PM

Well...I don't see anything conclusive.

Fault bucket errors are generally memory/RAM errors...but it's not necessarily the RAM itself. They can be caused by a driver/file which attempts to access memory locations which it is not supposed to.

Have you installed any games or programs recently that may coincide with the onset of your problems?

Worth reading, I think: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2073458,00.asp

I think I'd try uninstalling this program...and trying Malwarebytes - http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php instead.

Apologies for not replying before now, but I've only been able to access this website in the last 30 minutes :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users