Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Inspiron 6000

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 purplecadillac10

purplecadillac10

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:28 AM

I have a dell inspiron 6000 and i want to put windows 7 on it. my only question is can i?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 andrewww

andrewww

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:48 PM

That really doenst give us much to go on. It will more that likely run - but to be safe, can you tell us what spec your computer is?

on XP - Right click my computer, properties and you will see some basic information about your computer. Post what you find :huh:
Vista - pretty much the same as XP
Lucy
C2D E6600 @ 2.4, 8GB OCZ Reaper @ 1066, 500GB Barracuda, Powercolor HD4850, Asus P5Q Pro, Corsair TX650, NZXT Lexa Blackline, Windows 7 - Build 7100, Samsung 22" Monitor

#3 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:07 PM

If you are really computer savvy you could run it on that, provided you could find drivers. If there are windows drivers then there will be Win7 drivers.

However, you are just above the minimum specs called for by Microsoft, if your 6000 has the 1.7 GHz processor that I found to be prevalent when I Googled for your specs. The release candidate calls for a 1GHz P4 or better, 1GB RAM, 16 GB Hard drive, and for graphics, DX9 with 128 MB memory or higher.

I would think it might run a little slow, but who knows? I know a computer tech who has it running on a 1.7 GHz machine that is UNDER- clocked lol.

#4 andrewww

andrewww

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:56 AM

Yeah i know a guy who runs it on his Samsung NC10 with Atom CPU, so if you can run XP properly it should be ok.
Lucy
C2D E6600 @ 2.4, 8GB OCZ Reaper @ 1066, 500GB Barracuda, Powercolor HD4850, Asus P5Q Pro, Corsair TX650, NZXT Lexa Blackline, Windows 7 - Build 7100, Samsung 22" Monitor

#5 ranger72

ranger72

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:23 PM

purplecadillac10

Go to this link at Microsoft and download this beta app and run it. It will analyze your particular machine and give you an idea if your machine is ready for 'Win7 Release Candidate" or what hardware you mat need to install in order for your machine to successfully run win7.

Clicky: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

Hope this helps!

ranger72

Edited by ranger72, 30 July 2009 - 10:24 PM.

So Much To Learn; So Little Time To Learn It In!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users