Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless adapter keep getting disabled.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 finance professional

finance professional

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:47 AM

Dear members,

I have a Acer TravelMate 4335 laptop. The wireless card is Intel® Wireless Wifi Link 5100. I installed the driver which came in CD with laptop.

Few days back I scanned the wifi driver at Intel's site which asked me to update it with another driver. I did so and the name started showing as Intel® Wifi Link 5100 AGN. After I installed this driver, while surfing, the wifi adapter would disappear from system (from Network Connections, device manager). I dont even see it listed under Network Adapters in Device Manager. I would keep restarting and at after few tries the laptop would detect it ... and again the adapter would disappear again after some time. :thumbsup:

So I did a Update Driver with my old driver. But now the adapter doesnt disappear, but gets disabled and I cant enable it. And I have to restart again to do the internet connection. :flowers:

So inshort now the adapter doesnt disappear but gets disabled.

I am really sick of this now .... Plz someone do help me on this ... Would highly appreciate it ...
Thanks and regards ..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,389 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:54 AM

Sounds to me...like uninstalling the current and using the old, designated driver...is what makes sense.

Driver updates are not necessarily to be done...when everything works smoothly. Ask anyone who has had ATI driver problems :thumbsup:.

Louis

#3 finance professional

finance professional
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2009 - 05:52 PM

Yes, I did that uninstalling too. But even after uninstalling new and installing old driver, "sometimes" new driver pops up and at times old driver!!!

Is there any way (other than normal uninstallation) that I have remove the new driver?

#4 finance professional

finance professional
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:00 PM

I thought that just like software updates, drivers too are to be updated regularly. I installed Driver Genius (a software which automatically searches for updated drivers) and it showed me that my system has few outdated drivers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users