Glad to hear your pc is back to working order. If you have no remaining concerns on your pc, let's do some tidy up.
- Please start OTL from your desktop.
- Double-click OTL.
- Click the CleanUp! button.
- Select Yes when the "Begin cleanup Process?" prompt appears.
- If you are prompted to Reboot during the cleanup, select Yes.
- The tool will delete itself once it finishes, if not delete it by yourself.
Now that your system is clean, kindly follow these simple steps in order to keep your computer clean and secure:
- Disable and Enable System Restore. - You should disable and reenable system restore to make sure there are no infected files found in a restore point.
1. Click the Start Button.
2. From the Start menu click Control panel.
3. In Control Panel click the System Icon.
4. On the Left of the System properties window you will see a list of Tasks, click on the System protection link.
5. In the System Protection window remove the 'Tick' mark from beside the drive you want to disable system restore on.
6. A message will now appear asking: 'Are you sure you want to turn System restore off'.
7. Press the Turn System restore Off button.
8. System Restore will now be turned off permanently on that particular drive.
9. To re-enable system restore just click your mouse in the box next to the drive you require system restore to monitor ( a tick will appear in the box), then click the Apply button and system restore will resume monitoring the drive. This will remove all restore points and make a new one.
- Update your antivirus programs
Update your Antivirus programs and other security products regularly to avoid new threats that could infect your system. You can use one of these sites to check if any updates are needed for your pc.
Secunia Software Inspector
F-secure Health Check
- Update your Your Adobe Acrobat Reader
Old versions may render vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please download Adobe Reader 9 to your desktop.
Uninstall the old Adobe Reader from Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs. Install the new one.
- Update all these programs regularly - Make sure you update all the programs regularly. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new malicious programs are released.
Read some information Here how to prevent Malware.
Glad to be of help. Safe surfing!!
Edited by sundavis, 26 August 2009 - 01:43 AM.