Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pls Help... Redirecting based on Gmt time and date

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Hareesh

Hareesh

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:24 AM

Hi,
i have a site now its homepage is flash embeded one.
the inaugural date will be fixed later and its gonna be joomla based homepage.
The doubt i have is :
i want to redirect my flash page to joomla page on a specific date (say aug 15) and specific time (say 10:00hrs ) which shud be GMT.
i.e. i want the site to redirect to other page on same time where ever the user is.
Pls give a full html code (i'm a beginner)based on this idea.
Or if i can do it with flash also its acceptable....

Pls reply

Edited by Hareesh, 27 July 2009 - 07:26 AM.

HareesH
Visit our blogs
Made4Tech
YoogleTech
YoogleSoft
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:12 AM

You can't do it with HTML since HTML has no way of checking a date. I'm not a Flash programmer, but according to what I looked up on Google, you need to use the Date object like this:
today = new Date();

Once you have the date, you can get the hours, days, etc. and compare those to a fixed date, ie Aug 15th, 10:00. If the date is before, then load the current page. if the date is after, then load a different page.[code=auto:0]getURL("http://example.com/new_page"); [/url]

You will have to write the code yourself though.

#3 Hareesh

Hareesh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:58 AM

You can't do it with HTML since HTML has no way of checking a date. I'm not a Flash programmer, but according to what I looked up on Google, you need to use the Date object like this:

today = new Date();

Once you have the date, you can get the hours, days, etc. and compare those to a fixed date, ie Aug 15th, 10:00. If the date is before, then load the current page. if the date is after, then load a different page.[code=auto:0]getURL("http://example.com/new_page"); [/url]

You will have to write the code yourself though.

pls write the codes too as i do not know anything in such a coding...
HareesH
Visit our blogs
Made4Tech
YoogleTech
YoogleSoft
Posted Image

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:04 AM

I get a $250 (US) retainer, plus $100(US) per hour for consultation fees. Would you like my PayPal info, or would you prefer to maybe spend some time online researching it for yourself? :thumbsup:

#5 Hareesh

Hareesh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:33 AM

I get a $250 (US) retainer, plus $100(US) per hour for consultation fees. Would you like my PayPal info, or would you prefer to maybe spend some time online researching it for yourself? :thumbsup:

sorry!
i dont wish to invest on this matter
I'll be luking forward for somone elz will com on the same time i'll be searchin for it too
HareesH
Visit our blogs
Made4Tech
YoogleTech
YoogleSoft
Posted Image

#6 KamakaZ

KamakaZ

• Members
  • 739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:21 PM

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!! :D

This is not the place to be if you want people to WRITE the code for you. We will help you research it and give you pointers, but it will be YOU that has to write the code. Unless your willing to pay someone to get the job done.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
There are 10 types of people in the world, those that can read binary, and those who can't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users