Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MY FIRST BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 12 July 2005 - 02:59 PM

i just came home from being outside and my sisters were just finished watching free full shows on nick.com... i popped in the sims 2 DVD and my first blue screen of death popped up.... :thumbsup:

here is the exact message:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the Stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing the video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as cahing or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000008E (0x0000005, 0x804E057d, 0xf3D8A8C8, 0x00000000)

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for futher assistance.

anybody can help? i really appreciate it as i dont wanna see this screen again.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 12 July 2005 - 04:53 PM

Hi these stop errors that have come there is no info on them but if you go to http://support.microsoft.com/ and look for knowledge base read what you have to do type those nimbers in and it should flash up on screen what caused it do all the ones starting with 0x000.
Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 12 July 2005 - 07:19 PM

How much Ram do you have and does your video card have ram of its own or is it drawing from the system ram?

What is running in the background loaded by your start memory that's unnecessary?
(Make a second account for yourself for gaming with no unnecessary programs running or loaded at startup. Your AV program and firewall are necessary!))

Edited by Enthusiast, 12 July 2005 - 07:22 PM.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2005 - 07:29 PM

Game crashes can happen for a variety of reasons. I suspect your sisters' viewing caused a memory problem, either with RAM or with your video memory.
If restarting the computer (which will clear both memory locations) allows the game to run normally, and you don't have this problem again, I would not worry too much about it.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 Chuckrox8

Chuckrox8

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2005 - 10:34 PM

Yeah I would agree with the above. I know firsthand that The Sims 2 will eat your memory very quickly. What are the computer specs?

#6 legoman786

legoman786
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 13 July 2005 - 06:45 PM

well, i have waited a couple days and it runs fine now... i dont know what in the heck happened.

P4 2.53ghz
1gb RAM
60gb HDD
64mb GeForce4 MX420

hope my specs help abit

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users