Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reverting back to XP using windows.old.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sharpes

Sharpes

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 26 July 2009 - 09:59 PM

I tried using the information in this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971760/

I have the windows.old folder on my HD, everything intact, but when I try to do ANY of those commands, it tells me the files cannot be found. I can't rename the Windows 7 files either. ;_; I seriously might cry if I can't revert back to my old installation.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bodaggit23

Bodaggit23

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:04 AM

I tried using the information in this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971760/

I have the windows.old folder on my HD, everything intact, but when I try to do ANY of those commands, it tells me the files cannot be found. I can't rename the Windows 7 files either. ;_; I seriously might cry if I can't revert back to my old installation.

Did you move the Windows.Old folder from where it was originally created?
Post your system specs in your sig so we don't need to ask...

CPU: i7 920 Batch#3841A525 (@3.43Ghz) Board: EVGA X58 3X SLI RAM: Dominator 3x2GB DDR3 1600 Hard Drive: 300GB VelociRaptor GPU: EVGA GTX260 SC Core 216
Optical: Sony Optiarc 22x DVD/CD Burner PSU: Corsair TX850W CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 Primary OS: Windows Vista x64 SP2 Case: Coolermaster HAF 932

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users