Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE unhandled exception

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mawsrat

mawsrat

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 PM

Posted 26 July 2009 - 06:36 PM

I get this on my wifes pc. Plus it says unicode;v.4.0.5.1. if you x it out every thing closes if you close it sometimes just it closes. Have XP home and mccafee. How can I get rid of this? It has happened a few times now.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mawsrat

mawsrat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:09 PM

I suppose no one in this forum has ran across this problem or don't know the solution.

#3 KonamiYoto

KonamiYoto

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2009 - 08:43 AM

Hello,

My apologies for the wait, but the staff are busy.

The problem lies with the IE Addons that are used with the browser. One of them is corrupted.

Open IE and on the Tool bar select Tools > Internet Options > Program Tab and select the "Manage addon".
In the next window there is a drop down box, choose the addons that are currently being used in IE and when they come up start with the bottom one and highlight it and choose to disable it.

Try to see if that fixes the problem. If it continues then disable the next one as well. Keep doing this until you find the bad one.

Not to worry. If a disabled addon is required then the yellow security bar will pop up notifying you of an active X problem with that site. Choose to allow the new Active X add-on to be downloaded and installed. Eventually you will find the bad one and it will be replaced with a good version.

You can then go back and remove the disabled ones.

And that should do the trick. :thumbsup:

~Zane

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users