Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

blue screen at log on

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 changed

changed

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 26 July 2009 - 04:50 PM

When I turn my computer on it goes to a blue screen.

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your compter.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen,restart ypur computer. If this screen appears again, follpw these steps.
Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is odentified in the stop messahe, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press f8 to select startup options, and then select sage mode

Technical information:

Stop: 0x0000007e. (0xc0000005,0x000042ca,0xf799f548,0xf799f244)

I try to log onto safe mode and still the same thing. I have been trying to get rid of virus all day. I finally was able to run antispyware it removed over 200 things and when I rebooted I am getting this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Guest_SteinPooch_*

Guest_SteinPooch_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 26 July 2009 - 04:53 PM

Oh boy. I hate how windows says it's to stop damage to your computer. But basically, just do what it says. And look the code up on Google. As for Booting, have you tried the "Last Known Good Configuration" option??? It might do something for you. I have to do it too, so, tell me what that does for you.

Edited by SteinPooch, 26 July 2009 - 04:54 PM.

#3 changed

changed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2009 - 05:01 PM

I cannot do what it says when I reboot and try to get into safe mode it goes to this screen. It also does this with last known configuration thay worked.

Mod Edit: Topic moved from XP to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 26 July 2009 - 05:27 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,818 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2009 - 05:13 PM

LOL...I just love these STOP error messages...here's a typical one for your error.

0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues. Check Event Viewer (EventVwr.msc) for additional information.

Boy...they sure do know how to make it sound easy :thumbsup:.

OK, laughing is now over...back to business :flowers:.

Now, I actually get these every once in a while. But...I do what is suggested (reboot the system from the error screen) and I don't have repetitive patterns so I just think of it as a hiccup I can ignore.

Your situation is a bit different, since you talk about known malware issues.

I am going to suggest to the hierarchy here...that we move your post to the Am I Infected forum here at BC. Then we can move on from there.

Don't do anything else until further advised by a Moderator.

Louis

#5 changed

changed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 26 July 2009 - 05:40 PM

Ok thanks

#6 changed

changed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2009 - 06:34 PM

I have tried rebooting usong f8 and used every option available none of them work they all go to the blue screen.

#7 Guest_SteinPooch_*

Guest_SteinPooch_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:36 AM

Hey, have you tried booting to your Recovery Partition? Because like hamluis (Louis?) said, you have known Malware issues, and Since you can't get anywhere close to your Anti-Virus, I'd suggest trying to boot to your recovery partition, if you have one. It will let you run diagnostics, and, if needed, reinstall Windows on your machine. I'd just go with diagnostics for now.

Edited by SteinPooch, 27 July 2009 - 05:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users