Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow IE8 operation, was fine a month ago

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sabarrett

sabarrett

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 26 July 2009 - 02:38 PM

Maybe you all can help me with this issue. I have a customer with an older system (P4 1.5ghz, 1.5gb ram) that seems to run just fine in all other aspects except IE8. When pages are loading, they tick along about half way just fine, then IE just stops and thinks for a bit, 5-6 maybe even 10 seconds. Then finishes the page just fine. According to the customer, this happened about a month ago. He uses uverse and it behaves on my DSL the same way. When I load the same sites on my PC, they are just fine. No evidence of issues in HJT (I can post a log), no spyware, no viruses, (checked with Malwarebytes, super, defender, spybot) no antivirus/firewall software loaded. This one has me stumped.

Has anyone seen an issue like this before?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users