Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

blue screen of death

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 oll

oll

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 26 July 2009 - 02:18 PM

My XPS 400 has been showing BSOD lately and frequently. Pls help

Window XP SP2,intel pentium 2.8GHz, IGB, Radeon X300 SE 128MD,

I didn't installed or change any new files

The error show Age fault in non-paged area and the codes 0x10000050(0x8157d4d2.0x00000008.0x8157d4d2,0x00000000)

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,423 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 26 July 2009 - 04:34 PM

0x10000050 equals 0x00000050 errors.

0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

Worth reading: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=894278&sd=RMVP

Is XP current with critical updates installed?

AV program installed and updated?

Other malware-defense programs installed?

Any errors reflected in Event Viewer...to correspond with approximate times of error messages?

How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/

Please read: Help Diagnosing BSODs And Crashes (BC) - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176011/how-to-receive-help-diagnosing-blue-screens-and-windows-crashes/

Louis

#3 oll

oll
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:21 PM

thanks for the reply. I'm running I think XP and I think the updates are up to date. I have malwarebytes antimalware. the errors in the event viewer for today BSOD says that ...
Window security center service was unable to establish event queries with WMI to monitor third party Antivirus and firewall.

Another one says
Win Mgmt could not open the repository file.

I really dont know what to do and the BSOD happen frequently now.

#4 1002 Richard S

1002 Richard S

• Members
  • 277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:54 AM

Have you backed up your important docs, vids, photos, music etc to external media just in case you can't find a solution?

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,423 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:17 AM

Well...you might answer the questions which remain unanswered...which might help an unseen assessment of what might be wrong with your system...and possible suggestions to overcome your current situation.

<<...and I think the updates are up to date.>>

There is a very simple procedure for anyone who wants to know if their system has all current critical updates installed...visit the Windows Update website.

Louis

#6 oll

oll
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:21 PM

yes, I've backed up my doc and files.

There is no AV program installed and there is no other malware defense program.

Do you think if I do manufacturer reset, will it solve the problem.

the error on event view says that
Window security center service was unable to establish event queries with WMI to monitor third party Antivirus and firewall.

Is there any other thing you think I can do to solve this problem, I really dont want the computer to crash.
Thanks

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,423 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2009 - 08:53 AM

Well...you have a bigger problem than BSODs.

The fact that there is no AV installed...no other malware-defense programs...implies that the system is in a constant state of security weakness. That being the case, I also suspect that the system is missing various critical updates.

If a user wants to employ that approach to owning/operating a system...it's no business of mine to attempt to correct this.

But...BSODs should not be considered an uncommon phenomenon. Many BSODs result from malware on a system, as the malware disrupts the proper functioning of the system.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users