Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Here's My Hijackthis Log

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Goat Fish

Goat Fish

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 26 July 2009 - 09:47 AM

I'd like to say about how long ago this began, but I'm not sure, it's been an on again, off again issue that I just can't seem to fix.
My computer has a lot of suspicious files, a slew of processes running in Task manager that seem unnecessary, and are unexplainable. I take a lot time to look each process up, but most of the names have several different descriptions, usually one saying "Do not close this process!", and even though it wasn't there yesterday, and I've never seen it before, or done anything differently I can't be sure, so I leave it alone.

My McAfee finds a lot of Trojans, to name some Generic Rootkit.d!rootkit (Trojan), FakeAlert-SpywareGuard.gen.b (Trojan), DNSChanger!u(Trojan), DNSchanger!u(Trojan).
It finds these exact ones, exact file names ect, and removes, or Quarantines them over and over again.

I also have Avast and Ad-Aware installed in my computer (I don't run any of these at the same time, I promise), and they also find multiple Trojans that they just straight can't get rid of.
This is the file that they they continue to call out, but not remove, or quarantine, or "move to chest"
uacjwyldlpvkjksyxcuk.dll
I'm sorry, that file name was one McAfee called up, the Ad-Aware version is the same except for the "uac" part, and the Avast program finds it as the same without the "uacj" part. I don't know how much a difference that makes.

Also, GoogleInstaller keeps encountering problems and shutting down...I don't even know why it's open.
And Internet Explorer also keeps opening on its own, playing sound clips from various things (like the movie trailer for that new Adam Sandler and Seth Rogan film), and then if I don't shut it down manually in Task Manager it encounters a problem and shuts down. Keep in mind it never opens a window, just the sound clip. Really weird. I even pulled the plug on my internet (I don't know why I thought that was going to make a difference) but it continued to open and act like it was still connected.
When my internet was disconnected I kept receiving a pop up that informed me that Comcast Tool bar had an update and that I should "click here" to install it. I've been having Comcast Tool Bar related issues since the day the Comcast guy came and installed it.
He'd suggested replacing my outdated Nortons with McAfee but didn't tell me this until after I was on-line, I removed one, got a blue screen, task manager was disabled, a whole bunch of really messed up icons (delself) appeared, and my Administrator account was bumped down and a new Administrator appeared. I went through a lot to try to get rid of that issue, but I'm convinced that I was still infected. That's been since around this time last year, so there's a good chance that whatever is wrong with my computer is related to that in some way, which is why I'm telling you guys about it.

I have run hijackthis, so rather then just try to explain it I'll post that and let it do my explaining for me. Thank you ahead of time, to anyone that helps me. I've been beating my head against a wall with this thing forever it seems.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 3:34:33 PM, on 7/25/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mcproxy\mcproxy.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan\McShield.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Comcast\Desktop Doctor\bin\sprtsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\Program Files\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MBK\McAfeeDataBackup.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Desktop\HiJackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&a...&pf=desktop
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&a...&pf=desktop
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.comcast.net/toolbar2.0/search/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&a...&pf=desktop
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://www.comcast.net/toolbar2.0/search/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&a...&pf=desktop
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Windows Internet Explorer provided by Comcast
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: scriptproxy - {7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231} - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan\scriptsn.dll
O2 - BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Comcast Toolbar - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-93BE-BE2DF4D9AE29} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMCAS~2\COMCAS~1.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ftutil2] rundll32.exe ftutil2.dll,SetWriteCacheMode
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPBootOp] "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Boot Optimizer\HPBootOp.exe" /run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mcagent_exe] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe /runkey
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McAfee Backup] C:\Program Files\McAfee\MBK\McAfeeDataBackup.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MBkLogOnHook] C:\Program Files\McAfee\MBK\LogOnHook.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AppleSyncNotifier] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleSyncNotifier.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ad-Watch] C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UserFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -u
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Uniblue RegistryBooster 2009] C:\Program Files\Uniblue\RegistryBooster\RegistryBooster.exe /S
O4 - HKLM\..\Policies\Explorer\Run: [vUDNTe1yOv] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\pslebgds\xifwpqfi.exe
O4 - S-1-5-18 Startup: wkcalrem.LNK = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkCalRem.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - .DEFAULT Startup: wkcalrem.LNK = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkCalRem.exe (User 'Default user')
O4 - .DEFAULT User Startup: Pin.lnk = C:\hp\bin\CLOAKER.EXE (User 'Default user')
O4 - Startup: wkcalrem.LNK = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkCalRem.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Search - http://edits.mywebsearch.com/toolbaredits/...html?p=ZCfox000
O9 - Extra button: Internet Connection Help - {E2D4D26B-0180-43a4-B05F-462D6D54C789} - C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\Vendors\CN=Hewlett-Packard,L=Cupertino,S=Ca,C=US\IEButton\support.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Internet Connection Help - {E2D4D26B-0180-43a4-B05F-462D6D54C789} - C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\Vendors\CN=Hewlett-Packard,L=Cupertino,S=Ca,C=US\IEButton\support.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {EF791A6B-FC12-4C68-99EF-FB9E207A39E6} (McFreeScan Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/iss-loc/...403/mcfscan.cab
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: karna.dat
O21 - SSODL: commntcmd - {6CAAFDFF-727E-3975-C65F-08A97AE6783B} - (no file)
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate1c9e61e3199dac6) (gupdate1c9e61e3199dac6) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: MBackMonitor - McAfee - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MBK\MBackMonitor.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Services (mcmscsvc) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Network Agent (McNASvc) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Scanner (McODS) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcods.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Proxy Service (McProxy) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mcproxy\mcproxy.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Real-time Scanner (McShield) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan\McShield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SystemGuards (McSysmon) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: SupportSoft Sprocket Service (ddoctorv2) (sprtsvc_ddoctorv2) - SupportSoft, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Comcast\Desktop Doctor\bin\sprtsvc.exe

--
End of file - 10120 bytes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Net_Surfer

Net_Surfer

• Banned
  • 2,154 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 05 August 2009 - 03:49 AM

Hello and :thumbup2: to Bleeping Computer

We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here

If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine.

If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.

Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.

If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.
Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.

Thanks and again sorry for the delay

-----------------------------------------------------------

We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:
  • Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
  • A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
  • Notepad will open with the results.
  • Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
  • Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.

Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.

Information on A/V control HERE

Kind regards
Net_Surfer

:)

#3 Goat Fish

Goat Fish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:53 AM

All right...detailed explanation of what's going on with my computer.

Nothing is really different, McAfee continues to find and remove the same Trojan.
Generic Rootkit.d!rootkit (Trojan)
file name: NTOSKRNL -HOOK

Every two or three minutes internet explorer opens up (always in pairs) and starts playing commercials, movie trailers, internet radio, and other assorted sound bites. I don't use Internet Explorer, so it just does this without any help from me, it doesn't open up any windows so if I didn't go into task manager I wouldn't know where the noise was coming from. It doesn't always play sounds sometimes it just opens up in there, but you always hear the "Click!" sound. If I do happen to have Internet Explorer open it just opens another one.

I can not run a disk clean up, I cannot analyze for defrag, I cannot defrag.

This is all I can really remember right now, this and whatever I posted before. Nothing has really changed for my computer.
I didn't want to do anything to it, because I didn't want to mess anything up, or have anything be too different from what I posted previously.

Oh...there is one more thing, my roommate said that I might have to reformat, in which case I don't have a start up disk, I know you're supposed to make one as soon as you get your computer, but I didn't have full control or authority over my computer until my ex-husband and I parted ways last June...at least two years after my computer had been up and running.
If it does come down to reformatting do you guys have any idea what I can do to save my computer?

DDS (Ver_09-07-30.01) - NTFSx86
Run by Compaq_Owner at 9:16:02.40 on Thu 08/06/2009
Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.18702 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_14
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600.3.1252.1.1033.18.1982.960 [GMT -4:00]

AV: avast! antivirus 4.8.1335 [VPS 090806-0] *On-access scanning enabled* (Updated) {7591DB91-41F0-48A3-B128-1A293FD8233D}
AV: McAfee VirusScan *On-access scanning enabled* (Updated) {84B5EE75-6421-4CDE-A33A-DD43BA9FAD83}
FW: McAfee Personal Firewall *enabled* {94894B63-8C7F-4050-BDA4-813CA00DA3E8}

============== Running Processes ===============

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost -k DcomLaunch
svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mcproxy\mcproxy.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan\McShield.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Comcast\Desktop Doctor\bin\sprtsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k HTTPFilter
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MBK\McAfeeDataBackup.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcods.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\VIRUSS~1\mcvsshld.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\My Documents\Downloads\dds.scr

============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============

uStart Page = hxxp://www.google.com
uSearch Page = hxxp://www.google.com
uDefault_Page_URL = hxxp://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_US&c=64&bd=PRESARIO&pf=desktop
uDefault_Search_URL = hxxp://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iesearch&locale=EN_US&c=64&bd=PRESARIO&pf=desktop
uSearch Bar = hxxp://www.comcast.net/toolbar2.0/search/
uWindow Title = Windows Internet Explorer provided by Comcast
uSearchMigratedDefaultUrl = hxxp://www.mywebsearch.com/jsp/cfg_redir2.jsp?id=ZCfox000&fl=0&ptb=FrvHOnNOwGP7xFGNjthBdw&url=http://edits.mywebsearch.com/toolbaredits/barsearch.jhtml&st=sb&searchfor={searchTerms}
mSearch Bar = hxxp://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iesearch&locale=EN_US&c=64&bd=PRESARIO&pf=desktop
mWindow Title = Windows Internet Explorer provided by Comcast
uInternet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = hxxp://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_US&c=64&bd=PRESARIO&pf=desktop
uInternet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
mSearchAssistant = hxxp://www.comcast.net/toolbar2.0/search/
uURLSearchHooks: Yahoo! Toolbar: {ef99bd32-c1fb-11d2-892f-0090271d4f88} -
BHO: scriptproxy: {7db2d5a0-7241-4e79-b68d-6309f01c5231} - c:\program files\mcafee\virusscan\scriptsn.dll
BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper: {dbc80044-a445-435b-bc74-9c25c1c588a9} - c:\program files\java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class: {e7e6f031-17ce-4c07-bc86-eabfe594f69c} - c:\program files\java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
TB: Comcast Toolbar: {4e7bd74f-2b8d-469e-93be-be2df4d9ae29} - c:\progra~1\comcas~2\COMCAS~1.DLL
TB: Yahoo! Toolbar: {ef99bd32-c1fb-11d2-892f-0090271d4f88} -
uRun: [Uniblue RegistryBooster 2009] c:\program files\uniblue\registrybooster\RegistryBooster.exe /S
mRun: [ftutil2] rundll32.exe ftutil2.dll,SetWriteCacheMode
mRun: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
mRun: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE c:\windows\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
mRun: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
mRun: [Recguard] c:\windows\sminst\RECGUARD.EXE
mRun: [HPBootOp] "c:\program files\hewlett-packard\hp boot optimizer\HPBootOp.exe" /run
mRun: [HP Software Update] c:\program files\hp\hp software update\HPWuSchd2.exe
mRun: [TkBellExe] "c:\program files\common files\real\update_ob\realsched.exe" -osboot
mRun: [mcagent_exe] c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe /runkey
mRun: [McAfee Backup] c:\program files\mcafee\mbk\McAfeeDataBackup.exe
mRun: [MBkLogOnHook] c:\program files\mcafee\mbk\LogOnHook.exe
mRun: [PCDrProfiler]
mRun: [<NO NAME>]
mRun: [AppleSyncNotifier] c:\program files\common files\apple\mobile device support\bin\AppleSyncNotifier.exe
mRun: [Ad-Watch] c:\program files\lavasoft\ad-aware\AAWTray.exe
mRun: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "c:\program files\java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
mRun: [avast!] c:\progra~1\alwils~1\avast4\ashDisp.exe
mRun: [QuickTime Task] "c:\program files\quicktime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
mExplorerRun: [vUDNTe1yOv] c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\pslebgds\xifwpqfi.exe
StartupFolder: c:\docume~1\compaq~1\startm~1\programs\startup\wkcalrem.lnk - c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\works shared\WkCalRem.exe
StartupFolder: c:\docume~1\alluse~1\startm~1\programs\startup\hpdigi~1.lnk - c:\program files\hp\digital imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
IE: &Search - http://edits.mywebsearch.com/toolbaredits/...html?p=ZCfox000
IE: {E2D4D26B-0180-43a4-B05F-462D6D54C789} - c:\windows\pchealth\helpctr\vendors\cn=hewlett-packard,l=cupertino,s=ca,c=us\iebutton\support.htm
IE: {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
IE: {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - c:\program files\messenger\msmsgs.exe
DPF: {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_14-windows-i586.cab
DPF: {8FFBE65D-2C9C-4669-84BD-5829DC0B603C} - hxxp://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/ultrashim.cab
DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0007-ABCDEFFEDCBA} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_07-windows-i586.cab
DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0014-ABCDEFFEDCBA} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_14-windows-i586.cab
DPF: {CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_14-windows-i586.cab
DPF: {EF791A6B-FC12-4C68-99EF-FB9E207A39E6} - hxxp://download.mcafee.com/molbin/iss-loc/mcfscan/2,2,0,5403/mcfscan.cab
AppInit_DLLs: karna.dat
SSODL: commntcmd - {6CAAFDFF-727E-3975-C65F-08A97AE6783B} - No File
SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - c:\windows\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
SecurityProviders: msapsspc.dll, schannel.dll, digest.dll, msnsspc.dll, msansspc.dll

================= FIREFOX ===================

FF - ProfilePath - c:\docume~1\compaq~1\applic~1\mozilla\firefox\profiles\dkvqgc9o.default\
FF - prefs.js: browser.search.defaulturl - hxxp://www.google.com/search?lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=
FF - prefs.js: browser.startup.homepage - hxxp://www.comcast.net?cid=NET_mmhpset
FF - plugin: c:\program files\google\update\1.2.183.7\npGoogleOneClick8.dll
FF - HiddenExtension: Java Console: No Registry Reference - c:\program files\mozilla firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0007-ABCDEFFEDCBA}
FF - HiddenExtension: Java Console: No Registry Reference - c:\program files\mozilla firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0011-ABCDEFFEDCBA}
FF - HiddenExtension: Java Console: No Registry Reference - c:\program files\mozilla firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0014-ABCDEFFEDCBA}

============= SERVICES / DRIVERS ===============

R0 Lbd;Lbd;c:\windows\system32\drivers\Lbd.sys [2009-3-28 64160]
R1 aswSP;avast! Self Protection;c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswSP.sys [2009-7-24 114768]
R1 mfehidk;McAfee Inc. mfehidk;c:\windows\system32\drivers\mfehidk.sys [2008-10-12 201320]
R2 aswFsBlk;aswFsBlk;c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswFsBlk.sys [2009-7-24 20560]
R2 avast! Antivirus;avast! Antivirus;c:\program files\alwil software\avast4\ashServ.exe [2009-7-24 138680]
R2 McProxy;McAfee Proxy Service;c:\progra~1\common~1\mcafee\mcproxy\mcproxy.exe [2008-10-12 359248]
R2 McShield;McAfee Real-time Scanner;c:\program files\mcafee\virusscan\Mcshield.exe [2008-10-12 144704]
R3 avast! Mail Scanner;avast! Mail Scanner;c:\program files\alwil software\avast4\ashMaiSv.exe [2009-7-24 254040]
R3 avast! Web Scanner;avast! Web Scanner;c:\program files\alwil software\avast4\ashWebSv.exe [2009-7-24 352920]
R3 McSysmon;McAfee SystemGuards;c:\progra~1\mcafee\viruss~1\mcsysmon.exe [2008-10-12 695624]
R3 mfeavfk;McAfee Inc. mfeavfk;c:\windows\system32\drivers\mfeavfk.sys [2008-10-12 79304]
R3 mfebopk;McAfee Inc. mfebopk;c:\windows\system32\drivers\mfebopk.sys [2008-10-12 35240]
R3 mferkdk;McAfee Inc. mferkdk;c:\windows\system32\drivers\mferkdk.sys [2008-10-12 33832]
R3 mfesmfk;McAfee Inc. mfesmfk;c:\windows\system32\drivers\mfesmfk.sys [2008-10-12 40488]
S2 gupdate1c9e61e3199dac6;Google Update Service (gupdate1c9e61e3199dac6);c:\program files\google\update\GoogleUpdate.exe [2009-6-5 133104]
S2 Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service;Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service;c:\program files\lavasoft\ad-aware\AAWService.exe [2009-3-9 1029456]

=============== Created Last 30 ================

2009-07-26 08:59 <DIR> --d----- c:\program files\iPod
2009-07-26 08:59 <DIR> --d----- c:\program files\iTunes
2009-07-12 03:31 102,664 a------- c:\windows\system32\drivers\tmcomm.sys
2009-07-12 03:31 <DIR> --d----- c:\documents and settings\compaq_owner\.housecall6.6
2009-07-07 13:38 73,728 a------- c:\windows\system32\javacpl.cpl

==================== Find3M ====================

2009-08-01 19:18 21,454 a------- c:\docume~1\compaq~1\applic~1\wklnhst.dat
2009-07-19 18:48 11,067,392 a------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\ieframe.dll
2009-07-19 09:18 5,937,152 a------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\mshtml.dll
2009-07-03 13:09 915,456 a------- c:\windows\system32\wininet.dll
2009-07-03 13:09 915,456 a------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\wininet.dll
2009-07-03 13:09 12,800 -------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\xpshims.dll
2009-07-03 13:09 1,208,832 a------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\urlmon.dll
2009-07-03 13:09 206,848 a------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\occache.dll
2009-07-03 13:09 594,432 a------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\msfeeds.dll
2009-07-03 13:09 55,296 a------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\msfeedsbs.dll
2009-07-03 13:09 1,985,536 a------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\iertutil.dll
2009-07-03 13:09 25,600 a------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\jsproxy.dll
2009-07-03 13:09 184,320 a------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\iepeers.dll
2009-07-03 13:09 246,272 -------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\ieproxy.dll
2009-07-03 13:09 386,048 a------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\iedkcs32.dll
2009-07-03 07:01 173,056 a------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\ie4uinit.exe
2009-07-01 19:02 1 a------- c:\windows\system32\drivers\SKYNETneqrsbmg.sys
2009-07-01 18:54 158,574 a------- c:\windows\system32\SKYNETyjlabaop.dat
2009-06-16 10:36 119,808 a------- c:\windows\system32\t2embed.dll
2009-06-16 10:36 119,808 a------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\t2embed.dll
2009-06-16 10:36 81,920 a------- c:\windows\system32\fontsub.dll
2009-06-16 10:36 81,920 a------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\fontsub.dll
2009-06-05 11:42 2,060,288 a------- c:\windows\system32\usbaaplrc.dll
2009-06-03 15:09 1,291,264 a------- c:\windows\system32\quartz.dll
2009-06-03 15:09 1,291,264 -------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\quartz.dll
2009-06-02 22:07 15,688 a------- c:\windows\system32\lsdelete.exe
2009-05-21 11:33 410,984 a------- c:\windows\system32\deploytk.dll
2009-05-14 17:55 245,408 a------- c:\windows\system32\unicows.dll
2008-10-16 00:28 16,384 ac-sh--- c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\local settings\application data\microsoft\feeds cache\index.dat
2008-10-16 00:28 32,768 ac-sh--- c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\local settings\history\history.ie5\mshist012008101620081017\index.dat
2008-10-27 10:06 32,768 ac-sh--- c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\local settings\history\history.ie5\mshist012008102720081028\index.dat

============= FINISH: 9:18:15.25 ===============

Should I include that Attachment Only file that it brought up as well?
Thank You very much for taking the time to help me, I really appreciate it.

#4 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,301 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:41 PM

Hello, Goat Fish :thumbup2:

Do you use any Disk Emulation programs, such as Daemon Tools, or Alcohol 120%? These types of applications can sometimes cause that detection.

We Need to check for Rootkits with RootRepeal
  • Download RootRepeal from the following location and save it to your desktop:
  • Extract RootRepeal.exe from the zip archive.
  • Open Posted Image on your desktop.
  • Click the Posted Image tab.
  • Click the Posted Image button.
  • Check all six boxes: Posted Image
  • Push Ok
  • Check the box for your main system drive (Usually C:), and press Ok.
  • Allow RootRepeal to run a scan of your system. This may take some time.
  • Once the scan completes, push the Posted Image button. Save the log to your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt. Include this report in your next reply, please.
Billy3
Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

#5 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,301 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:44 PM

Sorry -- I've just been informed of a problem with the above instructions. Please use these instead:

• Download RootRepeal from the following location and save it to your desktop.
  • Extract RootRepeal.exe from the archive.
  • Check all seven boxes: Posted Image
  • Push Ok
  • Once the scan completes, push the Posted Image button. Save the log to your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt. Include this report in your next reply, please.
Billy3
Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

#6 Goat Fish

Goat Fish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2009 - 02:15 PM

Sorry that I haven't checked this sooner. My computer froze the other day and I was honestly just afraid to try to turn it back on.

I did the RootRepeal thing, but I must ask what is an "API"? Just curious really, when it says "Locked to API!" Or "Invisible to API!" what's it referring to? I mean, I could guess me, or McAfee...but at this point I think my McAfee and my Ad-Aware are part of the problem...

Well...anyhow, here's the report

ROOTREPEAL © AD, 2007-2009
==================================================
Scan Start Time: 2009/08/11 15:05
Program Version: Version 1.3.3.0
Windows Version: Windows XP SP3

SSDT
-------------------
#: 000 Function Name: NtAcceptConnectPort

#: 001 Function Name: NtAccessCheck

#: 002 Function Name: NtAccessCheckAndAuditAlarm

#: 003 Function Name: NtAccessCheckByType

#: 004 Function Name: NtAccessCheckByTypeAndAuditAlarm

#: 005 Function Name: NtAccessCheckByTypeResultList

#: 006 Function Name: NtAccessCheckByTypeResultListAndAuditAlarm

#: 007 Function Name: NtAccessCheckByTypeResultListAndAuditAlarmByHandle

#: 008 Function Name: NtAddAtom

#: 009 Function Name: NtAddBootEntry

#: 010 Function Name: NtAdjustGroupsToken

#: 011 Function Name: NtAdjustPrivilegesToken

#: 012 Function Name: NtAlertResumeThread

#: 013 Function Name: NtAlertThread

#: 014 Function Name: NtAllocateLocallyUniqueId

#: 015 Function Name: NtAllocateUserPhysicalPages

#: 016 Function Name: NtAllocateUuids

#: 017 Function Name: NtAllocateVirtualMemory

#: 018 Function Name: NtAreMappedFilesTheSame

#: 019 Function Name: NtAssignProcessToJobObject

#: 020 Function Name: NtCallbackReturn

#: 021 Function Name: NtCancelDeviceWakeupRequest

#: 022 Function Name: NtCancelIoFile

#: 023 Function Name: NtCancelTimer

#: 024 Function Name: NtClearEvent

#: 025 Function Name: NtClose

#: 026 Function Name: NtCloseObjectAuditAlarm

#: 027 Function Name: NtCompactKeys

#: 028 Function Name: NtCompareTokens

#: 029 Function Name: NtCompleteConnectPort

#: 030 Function Name: NtCompressKey

#: 031 Function Name: NtConnectPort

#: 032 Function Name: NtContinue

#: 033 Function Name: NtCreateDebugObject

#: 034 Function Name: NtCreateDirectoryObject

#: 035 Function Name: NtCreateEvent

#: 036 Function Name: NtCreateEventPair

#: 037 Function Name: NtCreateFile

#: 038 Function Name: NtCreateIoCompletion

#: 039 Function Name: NtCreateJobObject

#: 040 Function Name: NtCreateJobSet

#: 041 Function Name: NtCreateKey

#: 042 Function Name: NtCreateMailslotFile

#: 043 Function Name: NtCreateMutant

#: 044 Function Name: NtCreateNamedPipeFile

#: 045 Function Name: NtCreatePagingFile

#: 046 Function Name: NtCreatePort

#: 047 Function Name: NtCreateProcess

#: 048 Function Name: NtCreateProcessEx

#: 049 Function Name: NtCreateProfile

#: 050 Function Name: NtCreateSection

#: 051 Function Name: NtCreateSemaphore

#: 052 Function Name: NtCreateSymbolicLinkObject

#: 053 Function Name: NtCreateThread

#: 054 Function Name: NtCreateTimer

#: 055 Function Name: NtCreateToken

#: 056 Function Name: NtCreateWaitablePort

#: 057 Function Name: NtDebugActiveProcess

#: 058 Function Name: NtDebugContinue

#: 059 Function Name: NtDelayExecution

#: 060 Function Name: NtDeleteAtom

#: 061 Function Name: NtDeleteBootEntry

#: 062 Function Name: NtDeleteFile

#: 063 Function Name: NtDeleteKey

#: 064 Function Name: NtDeleteObjectAuditAlarm

#: 065 Function Name: NtDeleteValueKey

#: 066 Function Name: NtDeviceIoControlFile

#: 067 Function Name: NtDisplayString

#: 068 Function Name: NtDuplicateObject

#: 069 Function Name: NtDuplicateToken

#: 070 Function Name: NtEnumerateBootEntries

#: 071 Function Name: NtEnumerateKey

#: 072 Function Name: NtEnumerateSystemEnvironmentValuesEx

#: 073 Function Name: NtEnumerateValueKey

#: 074 Function Name: NtExtendSection

#: 075 Function Name: NtFilterToken

#: 076 Function Name: NtFindAtom

#: 077 Function Name: NtFlushBuffersFile

#: 078 Function Name: NtFlushInstructionCache

#: 079 Function Name: NtFlushKey

#: 080 Function Name: NtFlushVirtualMemory

#: 081 Function Name: NtFlushWriteBuffer

#: 082 Function Name: NtFreeUserPhysicalPages

#: 083 Function Name: NtFreeVirtualMemory

#: 084 Function Name: NtFsControlFile

#: 085 Function Name: NtGetContextThread

#: 086 Function Name: NtGetDevicePowerState

#: 087 Function Name: NtGetPlugPlayEvent

#: 088 Function Name: NtGetWriteWatch

#: 089 Function Name: NtImpersonateAnonymousToken

#: 090 Function Name: NtImpersonateClientOfPort

#: 091 Function Name: NtImpersonateThread

#: 092 Function Name: NtInitializeRegistry

#: 093 Function Name: NtInitiatePowerAction

#: 094 Function Name: NtIsProcessInJob

#: 095 Function Name: NtIsSystemResumeAutomatic

#: 096 Function Name: NtListenPort

#: 097 Function Name: NtLoadDriver

#: 098 Function Name: NtLoadKey

#: 099 Function Name: NtLoadKey2

#: 100 Function Name: NtLockFile

#: 101 Function Name: NtLockProductActivationKeys

#: 102 Function Name: NtLockRegistryKey

#: 103 Function Name: NtLockVirtualMemory

#: 104 Function Name: NtMakePermanentObject

#: 105 Function Name: NtMakeTemporaryObject

#: 106 Function Name: NtMapUserPhysicalPages

#: 107 Function Name: NtMapUserPhysicalPagesScatter

#: 108 Function Name: NtMapViewOfSection

#: 109 Function Name: NtModifyBootEntry

#: 110 Function Name: NtNotifyChangeDirectoryFile

#: 111 Function Name: NtNotifyChangeKey

#: 112 Function Name: NtNotifyChangeMultipleKeys

#: 113 Function Name: NtOpenDirectoryObject

#: 114 Function Name: NtOpenEvent

#: 115 Function Name: NtOpenEventPair

#: 116 Function Name: NtOpenFile

#: 117 Function Name: NtOpenIoCompletion

#: 118 Function Name: NtOpenJobObject

#: 119 Function Name: NtOpenKey

#: 120 Function Name: NtOpenMutant

#: 121 Function Name: NtOpenObjectAuditAlarm

#: 122 Function Name: NtOpenProcess

#: 123 Function Name: NtOpenProcessToken

#: 124 Function Name: NtOpenProcessTokenEx

#: 125 Function Name: NtOpenSection

#: 126 Function Name: NtOpenSemaphore

#: 127 Function Name: NtOpenSymbolicLinkObject

#: 128 Function Name: NtOpenThread

#: 129 Function Name: NtOpenThreadToken

#: 130 Function Name: NtOpenThreadTokenEx

#: 131 Function Name: NtOpenTimer

#: 132 Function Name: NtPlugPlayControl

#: 133 Function Name: NtPowerInformation

#: 134 Function Name: NtPrivilegeCheck

#: 135 Function Name: NtPrivilegeObjectAuditAlarm

#: 136 Function Name: NtPrivilegedServiceAuditAlarm

#: 137 Function Name: NtProtectVirtualMemory

#: 138 Function Name: NtPulseEvent

#: 139 Function Name: NtQueryAttributesFile

#: 140 Function Name: NtQueryBootEntryOrder

#: 141 Function Name: NtQueryBootOptions

#: 142 Function Name: NtQueryDebugFilterState

#: 143 Function Name: NtQueryDefaultLocale

#: 144 Function Name: NtQueryDefaultUILanguage

#: 145 Function Name: NtQueryDirectoryFile

#: 146 Function Name: NtQueryDirectoryObject

#: 147 Function Name: NtQueryEaFile

#: 148 Function Name: NtQueryEvent

#: 149 Function Name: NtQueryFullAttributesFile

#: 150 Function Name: NtQueryInformationAtom

#: 151 Function Name: NtQueryInformationFile

#: 152 Function Name: NtQueryInformationJobObject

#: 153 Function Name: NtQueryInformationPort

#: 154 Function Name: NtQueryInformationProcess

#: 155 Function Name: NtQueryInformationThread

#: 156 Function Name: NtQueryInformationToken

#: 157 Function Name: NtQueryInstallUILanguage

#: 158 Function Name: NtQueryIntervalProfile

#: 159 Function Name: NtQueryIoCompletion

#: 160 Function Name: NtQueryKey

#: 161 Function Name: NtQueryMultipleValueKey

#: 162 Function Name: NtQueryMutant

#: 163 Function Name: NtQueryObject

#: 164 Function Name: NtQueryOpenSubKeys

#: 165 Function Name: NtQueryPerformanceCounter

#: 166 Function Name: NtQueryQuotaInformationFile

#: 167 Function Name: NtQuerySection

#: 168 Function Name: NtQuerySecurityObject

#: 169 Function Name: NtQuerySemaphore

#: 170 Function Name: NtQuerySymbolicLinkObject

#: 171 Function Name: NtQuerySystemEnvironmentValue

#: 172 Function Name: NtQuerySystemEnvironmentValueEx

#: 173 Function Name: NtQuerySystemInformation

#: 174 Function Name: NtQuerySystemTime

#: 175 Function Name: NtQueryTimer

#: 176 Function Name: NtQueryTimerResolution

#: 177 Function Name: NtQueryValueKey

#: 178 Function Name: NtQueryVirtualMemory

#: 179 Function Name: NtQueryVolumeInformationFile

#: 180 Function Name: NtQueueApcThread

#: 181 Function Name: NtRaiseException

#: 182 Function Name: NtRaiseHardError

#: 183 Function Name: NtReadFile

#: 184 Function Name: NtReadFileScatter

#: 185 Function Name: NtReadRequestData

#: 186 Function Name: NtReadVirtualMemory

#: 187 Function Name: NtRegisterThreadTerminatePort

#: 188 Function Name: NtReleaseMutant

#: 189 Function Name: NtReleaseSemaphore

#: 190 Function Name: NtRemoveIoCompletion

#: 191 Function Name: NtRemoveProcessDebug

#: 192 Function Name: NtRenameKey

#: 193 Function Name: NtReplaceKey

#: 194 Function Name: NtReplyPort

#: 195 Function Name: NtReplyWaitReceivePort

#: 196 Function Name: NtReplyWaitReceivePortEx

#: 197 Function Name: NtReplyWaitReplyPort

#: 198 Function Name: NtRequestDeviceWakeup

#: 199 Function Name: NtRequestPort

#: 200 Function Name: NtRequestWaitReplyPort

#: 201 Function Name: NtRequestWakeupLatency

#: 202 Function Name: NtResetEvent

#: 203 Function Name: NtResetWriteWatch

#: 204 Function Name: NtRestoreKey

#: 205 Function Name: NtResumeProcess

#: 206 Function Name: NtResumeThread

#: 207 Function Name: NtSaveKey

#: 208 Function Name: NtSaveKeyEx

#: 209 Function Name: NtSaveMergedKeys

#: 210 Function Name: NtSecureConnectPort

#: 211 Function Name: NtSetBootEntryOrder

#: 212 Function Name: NtSetBootOptions

#: 213 Function Name: NtSetContextThread

#: 214 Function Name: NtSetDebugFilterState

#: 215 Function Name: NtSetDefaultHardErrorPort

#: 216 Function Name: NtSetDefaultLocale

#: 217 Function Name: NtSetDefaultUILanguage

#: 218 Function Name: NtSetEaFile

#: 219 Function Name: NtSetEvent

#: 220 Function Name: NtSetEventBoostPriority

#: 221 Function Name: NtSetHighEventPair

#: 222 Function Name: NtSetHighWaitLowEventPair

#: 223 Function Name: NtSetInformationDebugObject

#: 224 Function Name: NtSetInformationFile

#: 225 Function Name: NtSetInformationJobObject

#: 226 Function Name: NtSetInformationKey

#: 227 Function Name: NtSetInformationObject

#: 228 Function Name: NtSetInformationProcess

#: 229 Function Name: NtSetInformationThread

#: 230 Function Name: NtSetInformationToken

#: 231 Function Name: NtSetIntervalProfile

#: 232 Function Name: NtSetIoCompletion

#: 233 Function Name: NtSetLdtEntries

#: 234 Function Name: NtSetLowEventPair

#: 235 Function Name: NtSetLowWaitHighEventPair

#: 236 Function Name: NtSetQuotaInformationFile

#: 237 Function Name: NtSetSecurityObject

#: 238 Function Name: NtSetSystemEnvironmentValue

#: 239 Function Name: NtSetSystemEnvironmentValueEx

#: 240 Function Name: NtSetSystemInformation

#: 241 Function Name: NtSetSystemPowerState

#: 242 Function Name: NtSetSystemTime

#: 243 Function Name: NtSetThreadExecutionState

#: 244 Function Name: NtSetTimer

#: 245 Function Name: NtSetTimerResolution

#: 246 Function Name: NtSetUuidSeed

#: 247 Function Name: NtSetValueKey

#: 248 Function Name: NtSetVolumeInformationFile

#: 249 Function Name: NtShutdownSystem

#: 250 Function Name: NtSignalAndWaitForSingleObject

#: 251 Function Name: NtStartProfile

#: 252 Function Name: NtStopProfile

#: 253 Function Name: NtSuspendProcess

#: 254 Function Name: NtSuspendThread

#: 255 Function Name: NtSystemDebugControl

#: 256 Function Name: NtTerminateJobObject

#: 257 Function Name: NtTerminateProcess

#: 258 Function Name: NtTerminateThread

#: 259 Function Name: NtTestAlert

#: 260 Function Name: NtTraceEvent

#: 261 Function Name: NtTranslateFilePath

#: 262 Function Name: NtUnloadDriver

#: 263 Function Name: NtUnloadKey

#: 264 Function Name: NtUnloadKeyEx

#: 265 Function Name: NtUnlockFile

#: 266 Function Name: NtUnlockVirtualMemory

#: 267 Function Name: NtUnmapViewOfSection

#: 268 Function Name: NtVdmControl

#: 269 Function Name: NtWaitForDebugEvent

#: 270 Function Name: NtWaitForMultipleObjects

#: 271 Function Name: NtWaitForSingleObject

#: 272 Function Name: NtWaitHighEventPair

#: 273 Function Name: NtWaitLowEventPair

#: 274 Function Name: NtWriteFile

#: 275 Function Name: NtWriteFileGather

#: 276 Function Name: NtWriteRequestData

#: 277 Function Name: NtWriteVirtualMemory

#: 278 Function Name: NtYieldExecution

#: 279 Function Name: NtCreateKeyedEvent

#: 280 Function Name: NtOpenKeyedEvent

#: 281 Function Name: NtReleaseKeyedEvent

#: 282 Function Name: NtWaitForKeyedEvent

#: 283 Function Name: NtQueryPortInformationProcess

Oh, and you asked me if I had any Disk Emulation programs, such as Daemon Tools, or Alcohol 120%, what are those? I don't think I do, but if I did...what would they be and how would I know?

Well, anyway thank you so very much for helping me! You are a godsend.

I'm sorry, but I just looked at what it saved when I hit save report, it doesn't look like what I saw when it was done scanning...so I'm going to post the other note pad that popped up on the screen as well. I'm sure one of these two will be what you're looking for.

Scan Start Time: 2009/08/11 14:43
Program Version: Version 1.3.3.0

Drivers
-------------------
Name: dump_atapi.sys
Image Path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\dump_atapi.sys
Address: 0xB4FD5000 Size: 98304 File Visible: No Signed: -

Name: dump_WMILIB.SYS
Image Path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\dump_WMILIB.SYS
Address: 0xBAE20000 Size: 8192 File Visible: No Signed: -

Name: rootrepeal.sys
Image Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\rootrepeal.sys
Address: 0xB3A80000 Size: 49152 File Visible: No Signed: -

Hidden/Locked Files
-------------------
Path: C:\hiberfil.sys

Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\UACcoxgppirpkecncubo.dat

Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\UACeqsoinntjajxllste.dll

Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\uacinit.dll

Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\UACitwrdkkuyjelmxoee.dll

Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\UACjwyldlpvkjksyxcuk.dll

Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\UAClnrgjiqwsbbwalkxx.dll

Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\UACngqrsowpuhsrjmged.dll

Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\UACstpybypfwdhenolio.db

Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\uactmp.db

Path: c:\windows\temp\mcmsc_fcek6oyabofx1uv

Path: c:\windows\temp\mcafee_xv2g6kwtceujfdq

Path: C:\WINDOWS\Temp\UAC361e.tmp

Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\UAClqmtjnjcyuuxlmnto.sys

Path: c:\documents and settings\compaq_owner\local settings\temp\~df4ce9.tmp

Path: C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Local Settings\Temp\UAC9e48.tmp

Path: c:\documents and settings\compaq_owner\local settings\temp\etilqs_omo9gcgdswprztywt2b8

Path: c:\documents and settings\compaq_owner\local settings\temp\etilqs_oyve3lki0jf4t0ugaprf

Path: c:\documents and settings\compaq_owner\local settings\temp\~df39c7.tmp

Path: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Quarantine\uacjwyldlpvkjksyxcuk.dll.f376ca4a672e76102b96ef6c3247e0.aawqff

Stealth Objects
-------------------
Object: Hidden Module [Name: UACngqrsowpuhsrjmged.dll]
Process: winlogon.exe (PID: 716) Address: 0x00740000 Size: 49152

Object: Hidden Module [Name: UACeqsoinntjajxllste.dll]
Process: winlogon.exe (PID: 716) Address: 0x10000000 Size: 45056

Process: services.exe (PID: 764) Address: 0x00740000 Size: 49152

Process: services.exe (PID: 764) Address: 0x10000000 Size: 45056

Process: lsass.exe (PID: 776) Address: 0x007e0000 Size: 49152

Process: lsass.exe (PID: 776) Address: 0x10000000 Size: 45056

Object: Hidden Module [Name: UAClnrgjiqwsbbwalkxx.dll]
Process: svchost.exe (PID: 956) Address: 0x00b80000 Size: 73728

Process: svchost.exe (PID: 956) Address: 0x00730000 Size: 45056

Process: svchost.exe (PID: 956) Address: 0x007c0000 Size: 49152

Object: Hidden Module [Name: UACjwyldlpvkjksyxcuk.dll]
Process: svchost.exe (PID: 956) Address: 0x00ad0000 Size: 81920

Object: Hidden Module [Name: UACitwrdkkuyjelmxoee.dll]
Process: svchost.exe (PID: 956) Address: 0x02ba0000 Size: 217088

Object: Hidden Module [Name: UAC361e.tmpdkkuyjelmxoee.dll]
Process: svchost.exe (PID: 956) Address: 0x10000000 Size: 217088

Process: svchost.exe (PID: 1056) Address: 0x00730000 Size: 45056

Process: svchost.exe (PID: 1056) Address: 0x007c0000 Size: 49152

Process: svchost.exe (PID: 1056) Address: 0x10000000 Size: 217088

Process: svchost.exe (PID: 1156) Address: 0x00730000 Size: 45056

Process: svchost.exe (PID: 1156) Address: 0x007c0000 Size: 49152

Process: svchost.exe (PID: 1156) Address: 0x10000000 Size: 217088

Process: svchost.exe (PID: 1244) Address: 0x00730000 Size: 45056

Process: svchost.exe (PID: 1244) Address: 0x007c0000 Size: 49152

Process: svchost.exe (PID: 1244) Address: 0x10000000 Size: 217088

Process: svchost.exe (PID: 1352) Address: 0x00730000 Size: 45056

Process: svchost.exe (PID: 1352) Address: 0x007c0000 Size: 49152

Process: svchost.exe (PID: 1352) Address: 0x10000000 Size: 217088

Process: aswUpdSv.exe (PID: 1444) Address: 0x00a30000 Size: 49152

Process: aswUpdSv.exe (PID: 1444) Address: 0x10000000 Size: 45056

Process: ashServ.exe (PID: 1552) Address: 0x00a40000 Size: 49152

Process: ashServ.exe (PID: 1552) Address: 0x10000000 Size: 45056

Process: spoolsv.exe (PID: 1792) Address: 0x00a40000 Size: 49152

Process: spoolsv.exe (PID: 1792) Address: 0x10000000 Size: 45056

Process: svchost.exe (PID: 504) Address: 0x00730000 Size: 45056

Process: svchost.exe (PID: 504) Address: 0x007c0000 Size: 49152

Process: svchost.exe (PID: 504) Address: 0x10000000 Size: 217088

Process: mDNSResponder.exe (PID: 564) Address: 0x00810000 Size: 49152

Process: mDNSResponder.exe (PID: 564) Address: 0x10000000 Size: 45056

Process: jqs.exe (PID: 1132) Address: 0x007e0000 Size: 49152

Process: jqs.exe (PID: 1132) Address: 0x10000000 Size: 45056

Process: mcmscsvc.exe (PID: 1952) Address: 0x00980000 Size: 49152

Process: mcmscsvc.exe (PID: 1952) Address: 0x10000000 Size: 45056

Process: mcnasvc.exe (PID: 1972) Address: 0x00b20000 Size: 49152

Process: mcnasvc.exe (PID: 1972) Address: 0x10000000 Size: 45056

Process: mcproxy.exe (PID: 148) Address: 0x10000000 Size: 45056

Process: mcproxy.exe (PID: 148) Address: 0x00900000 Size: 49152

Process: McShield.exe (PID: 220) Address: 0x007d0000 Size: 49152

Process: McShield.exe (PID: 220) Address: 0x10000000 Size: 45056

Process: nvsvc32.exe (PID: 260) Address: 0x007c0000 Size: 49152

Process: nvsvc32.exe (PID: 260) Address: 0x10000000 Size: 45056

Process: sprtsvc.exe (PID: 328) Address: 0x00a70000 Size: 49152

Process: sprtsvc.exe (PID: 328) Address: 0x10000000 Size: 45056

Process: svchost.exe (PID: 480) Address: 0x00730000 Size: 45056

Process: svchost.exe (PID: 480) Address: 0x007c0000 Size: 49152

Process: svchost.exe (PID: 480) Address: 0x10000000 Size: 217088

Process: ashMaiSv.exe (PID: 2272) Address: 0x00a60000 Size: 49152

Process: ashMaiSv.exe (PID: 2272) Address: 0x10000000 Size: 45056

Process: ashWebSv.exe (PID: 2448) Address: 0x00a80000 Size: 49152

Process: ashWebSv.exe (PID: 2448) Address: 0x10000000 Size: 45056

Process: alg.exe (PID: 2932) Address: 0x007c0000 Size: 49152

Process: alg.exe (PID: 2932) Address: 0x10000000 Size: 45056

Process: svchost.exe (PID: 3384) Address: 0x00770000 Size: 45056

Process: svchost.exe (PID: 3384) Address: 0x00800000 Size: 49152

Object: Hidden Module [Name: UACitwrdkkuyjelmxoee.dll]
Process: svchost.exe (PID: 3384) Address: 0x10000000 Size: 217088

Process: MPFSrv.exe (PID: 272) Address: 0x00990000 Size: 49152

Process: MPFSrv.exe (PID: 272) Address: 0x10000000 Size: 45056

Process: mcsysmon.exe (PID: 2168) Address: 0x00950000 Size: 49152

Process: mcsysmon.exe (PID: 2168) Address: 0x10000000 Size: 45056

Process: mcagent.exe (PID: 1264) Address: 0x00e00000 Size: 49152

Process: mcagent.exe (PID: 1264) Address: 0x10000000 Size: 45056

Process: Explorer.EXE (PID: 1672) Address: 0x00d30000 Size: 49152

Process: Explorer.EXE (PID: 1672) Address: 0x10000000 Size: 45056

Process: McAfeeDataBackup.exe (PID: 3076) Address: 0x00f10000 Size: 49152

Process: McAfeeDataBackup.exe (PID: 3076) Address: 0x10000000 Size: 45056

Process: jusched.exe (PID: 3156) Address: 0x00c80000 Size: 49152

Process: jusched.exe (PID: 3156) Address: 0x10000000 Size: 45056

Process: ashDisp.exe (PID: 2096) Address: 0x00a40000 Size: 49152

Process: ashDisp.exe (PID: 2096) Address: 0x10000000 Size: 45056

Process: chrome.exe (PID: 1272) Address: 0x00b50000 Size: 49152

Process: chrome.exe (PID: 1272) Address: 0x10000000 Size: 45056

Process: chrome.exe (PID: 3732) Address: 0x00ba0000 Size: 49152

Process: chrome.exe (PID: 3732) Address: 0x10000000 Size: 45056

Process: RootRepeal.exe (PID: 3140) Address: 0x00bc0000 Size: 49152

Process: RootRepeal.exe (PID: 3140) Address: 0x10000000 Size: 45056

Process: AppleMobileDeviceService.exe (PID: 2640) Address: 0x007d0000 Size: 49152

Process: AppleMobileDeviceService.exe (PID: 2640) Address: 0x10000000 Size: 45056

==EOF==

There, that's what I first saw when the scan was done. I hope it's all helpful to you.

Edited by Goat Fish, 11 August 2009 - 02:25 PM.

#7 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,301 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2009 - 03:16 PM

Hello, Goat Fish :thumbup2:
API == Application Programming Interface
See the Wiki -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_p...mming_interface

Windows NT ( and derivatives 2000, XP, Vista, and 7 ) has two apis .. one internal API, and the public API. The public API is the Windows API. The undocumented api is almost completely contained inside NTDLL.DLL which is located in your system32 folder.

Rootrepeal is reporting the lock, because often malware locks files in order to prevent their removal by Anti Malware applications. Of course, we've got some picks for those locks :)

The second report was the right one :)

We Need to Run ComboFix

Note to readers of this post other than the starter of this thread:
ComboFix is a VERY POWERFUL tool which should NOT BE USED without guidance of an expert.

If this tool helped you, please consider a donation to it's author: Posted Image

How to run ComboFix:
  • Please download ComboFix from one of the following mirrors, and save it to your desktop.
  • Disable any running Anti-Virus or Anti-Malware programs. This includes Firewalls, Anti-Virus, Spyware Scanners, etc. Any or all of them may interfere with the running of ComboFix.
  • Double click Posted Image on your desktop.
  • Read and accept (Press Yes) to the disclaimer.
  • For Windows XP Systems: Install the Recovery Console:
    • If you are using Windows XP and do not already have the Recovery Console installed, please ensure your internet connection is active (if possible), and press Yes. If for some reason your internet is not working, please press No. If you are not using Windows XP, you will not be prompted.
    • When prompted to accept the EULA, press OK.
    • Accept Microsoft's EULA (Press Yes).
    • When you are told that the RC is installed correctly, please press YES to continue scanning for malware.
  • ComboFix will run. Simply wait for it to finish.
  • When it finishes, ComboFix will produce a log. Please post that log in your next reply here :cool:
NOTE: If ComboFix will not run, please rename it to GlobRemover.exe and try again!

In your next reply, please include the following:
  • ComboFix.txt

Billy3
Posted Image

#8 Goat Fish

Goat Fish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:38 AM

All right, I ran combofix and all that stuff. Hopefully everything went well.

ComboFix 09-08-10.06 - Compaq_Owner 08/14/2009 11:37.1.1 - NTFSx86
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600.3.1252.1.1033.18.1982.1446 [GMT -4:00]
Running from: c:\documents and settings\Compaq_Owner\My Documents\Downloads\GlobRemover.exe.exe
AV: avast! antivirus 4.8.1335 [VPS 090813-0] *On-access scanning disabled* (Updated) {7591DB91-41F0-48A3-B128-1A293FD8233D}
AV: McAfee VirusScan *On-access scanning disabled* (Updated) {84B5EE75-6421-4CDE-A33A-DD43BA9FAD83}
FW: McAfee Personal Firewall *disabled* {94894B63-8C7F-4050-BDA4-813CA00DA3E8}
* Created a new restore point

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

c:\program files\akl
c:\program files\akl\akl.dll
c:\program files\akl\akl.exe
c:\program files\akl\uninstall.exe
c:\program files\akl\unsetup.exe
c:\program files\FunWebProducts
c:\program files\FunWebProducts\Shared\04640842.dat
c:\program files\GetModule
c:\program files\GetModule\dicik.gz
c:\program files\GetModule\kwdik.gz
c:\program files\Inet Delivery
c:\program files\Inet Delivery\inetdl.exe
c:\program files\Inet Delivery\intdel.exe
c:\windows\a.bat
c:\windows\base64.tmp
c:\windows\bdn.com
c:\windows\FVProtect.exe
c:\windows\iTunesMusic.exe
c:\windows\mslagent
c:\windows\mslagent\2_mslagent.dll
c:\windows\mslagent\mslagent.exe
c:\windows\mslagent\uninstall.exe
c:\windows\mssecu.exe
c:\windows\run.log
c:\windows\system32\akttzn.exe
c:\windows\system32\anticipator.dll
c:\windows\system32\awtoolb.dll
c:\windows\system32\bdn.com
c:\windows\system32\bsva-egihsg52.exe
c:\windows\system32\dpcproxy.exe
c:\windows\system32\drivers\SKYNETneqrsbmg.sys
c:\windows\system32\drivers\UAClqmtjnjcyuuxlmnto.sys
c:\windows\system32\emesx.dll
c:\windows\system32\hoproxy.dll
c:\windows\system32\hxiwlgpm.dat
c:\windows\system32\hxiwlgpm.exe
c:\windows\system32\medup012.dll
c:\windows\system32\medup020.dll
c:\windows\system32\msgp.exe
c:\windows\system32\msnbho.dll
c:\windows\system32\mssecu.exe
c:\windows\system32\msvchost.exe
c:\windows\system32\mtr2.exe
c:\windows\system32\mwin32.exe
c:\windows\system32\netode.exe
c:\windows\system32\newsd32.exe
c:\windows\system32\ps1.exe
c:\windows\system32\psof1.exe
c:\windows\system32\psoft1.exe
c:\windows\system32\regc64.dll
c:\windows\system32\regm64.dll
c:\windows\system32\Rundl1.exe
c:\windows\system32\SKYNETpxuldawk.dll
c:\windows\system32\SKYNETwmnaunwo.dll
c:\windows\system32\SKYNETxjextjts.dat
c:\windows\system32\SKYNETyjlabaop.dat
c:\windows\system32\smp
c:\windows\system32\smp\msrc.exe
c:\windows\system32\sncntr.exe
c:\windows\system32\ssurf022.dll
c:\windows\system32\ssvchost.com
c:\windows\system32\ssvchost.exe
c:\windows\system32\sysreq.exe
c:\windows\system32\taack.dat
c:\windows\system32\taack.exe
c:\windows\system32\temp#01.exe
c:\windows\system32\thun.dll
c:\windows\system32\thun32.dll
c:\windows\system32\UACcoxgppirpkecncubo.dat
c:\windows\system32\UACeqsoinntjajxllste.dll
c:\windows\system32\uacinit.dll
c:\windows\system32\UACitwrdkkuyjelmxoee.dll
c:\windows\system32\UACjwyldlpvkjksyxcuk.dll
c:\windows\system32\UAClnrgjiqwsbbwalkxx.dll
c:\windows\system32\UACngqrsowpuhsrjmged.dll
c:\windows\system32\UACstpybypfwdhenolio.db
c:\windows\system32\uactmp.db
c:\windows\system32\VBIEWER.OCX
c:\windows\system32\vbsys2.dll
c:\windows\system32\vcatchpi.dll
c:\windows\system32\wini10451631.exe
c:\windows\system32\winlogonpc.exe
c:\windows\system32\winsystem.exe
c:\windows\system32\WINWGPX.EXE
c:\windows\userconfig9x.dll
c:\windows\wiaservv.log
c:\windows\winsystem.exe
c:\windows\zip1.tmp
c:\windows\zip2.tmp
c:\windows\zip3.tmp
c:\windows\zipped.tmp
D:\Autorun.inf

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Drivers/Services )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

-------\Service_SKYNETcfemaqel
-------\Legacy_SKYNETcfemaqel
-------\Service_UACd.sys
-------\Legacy_UACd.sys
-------\Legacy_CD_PROXY

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2009-07-14 to 2009-08-14 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2009-08-14 15:35 . 2009-08-14 15:38 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Temp
2009-08-11 18:42 . 2009-08-11 18:42 0 ----a-w- c:\documents and settings\Compaq_Owner\settings.dat
2009-07-26 12:59 . 2009-07-26 12:59 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\iPod
2009-07-26 12:59 . 2009-07-26 12:59 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\iTunes
2009-07-24 20:23 . 2009-02-05 20:06 23152 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswRdr.sys
2009-07-24 20:23 . 2009-02-05 20:06 51376 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswTdi.sys
2009-07-24 20:23 . 2009-02-05 20:05 26944 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\aavmker4.sys
2009-07-24 20:23 . 2009-02-05 20:04 97480 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\AvastSS.scr
2009-07-24 20:23 . 2009-02-05 20:08 93296 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswmon.sys
2009-07-24 20:23 . 2009-02-05 20:08 94032 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswmon2.sys
2009-07-24 20:23 . 2009-02-05 20:07 114768 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswSP.sys
2009-07-24 20:23 . 2009-02-05 20:07 20560 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswFsBlk.sys
2009-07-24 20:22 . 2009-02-05 20:11 1256296 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\aswBoot.exe
2009-07-17 19:01 . 2009-07-17 19:01 58880 ------w- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\atl.dll

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2009-08-14 15:05 . 2008-10-11 16:57 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Compaq_Owner\Application Data\ComcastToolbar
2009-08-13 21:24 . 2007-01-16 17:41 21620 ----a-w- c:\documents and settings\Compaq_Owner\Application Data\wklnhst.dat
2009-08-13 13:17 . 2009-03-28 16:40 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Lavasoft
2009-08-05 09:01 . 2004-08-04 11:00 204800 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\mswebdvd.dll
2009-07-26 12:59 . 2008-03-10 19:39 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Common Files\Apple
2009-07-25 18:36 . 2006-08-31 06:31 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\music_now
2009-07-25 18:35 . 2009-03-26 15:22 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Xvid
2009-07-25 18:35 . 2006-08-31 06:42 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Microsoft Works
2009-07-25 18:35 . 2006-08-31 06:41 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\MSN Encarta Standard
2009-07-25 18:35 . 2009-03-10 22:24 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Windows Media Connect 2
2009-07-25 18:35 . 2006-08-31 06:53 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\PC-Doctor 5 for Windows
2009-07-25 18:35 . 2007-09-01 00:19 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\DivX
2009-07-25 18:35 . 2008-10-11 16:57 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\ComcastToolbar
2009-07-24 01:51 . 2006-08-31 06:33 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Common Files\InstallShield
2009-07-24 01:46 . 2008-01-07 12:47 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Blurty
2009-07-17 19:01 . 2004-08-04 11:00 58880 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\atl.dll
2009-07-14 03:43 . 2004-08-04 11:00 286208 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\wmpdxm.dll
2009-07-12 07:31 . 2009-07-12 07:31 102664 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\tmcomm.sys
2009-07-07 17:36 . 2006-08-31 06:09 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Java
2009-07-07 17:17 . 2009-07-07 17:17 152576 ----a-w- c:\documents and settings\Compaq_Owner\Application Data\Sun\Java\jre1.6.0_14\lzma.dll
2009-07-03 17:09 . 2004-08-04 11:00 915456 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\wininet.dll
2009-06-16 14:36 . 2004-08-04 11:00 81920 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\fontsub.dll
2009-06-16 14:36 . 2004-08-04 11:00 119808 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\t2embed.dll
2009-06-12 12:31 . 2004-08-04 11:00 76288 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\telnet.exe
2009-06-10 14:13 . 2004-08-04 11:00 84992 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\avifil32.dll
2009-06-10 13:19 . 2004-08-04 11:00 2066432 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\mstscax.dll
2009-06-10 06:14 . 2004-08-04 11:00 132096 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\wkssvc.dll
2009-06-05 15:42 . 2009-06-14 03:43 2060288 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\usbaaplrc.dll
2009-06-05 15:42 . 2008-03-10 19:39 39424 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\usbaapl.sys
2009-06-03 19:09 . 2004-08-04 11:00 1291264 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\quartz.dll
2009-05-21 15:33 . 2009-01-10 16:53 410984 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\deploytk.dll
2009-05-01 21:02 . 2009-05-01 21:02 1044480 ----a-w- c:\program files\mozilla firefox\plugins\libdivx.dll
2009-05-01 21:02 . 2009-05-01 21:02 200704 ----a-w- c:\program files\mozilla firefox\plugins\ssldivx.dll

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"NvCplDaemon"="c:\windows\system32\NvCpl.dll" [2006-05-09 7311360]
"Recguard"="c:\windows\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE" [2005-07-23 237568]
"HPBootOp"="c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Boot Optimizer\HPBootOp.exe" [2006-02-16 249856]
"HP Software Update"="c:\program files\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe" [2007-05-08 54840]
"TkBellExe"="c:\program files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" [2006-08-31 180269]
"mcagent_exe"="c:\program files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe" [2007-11-01 582992]
"McAfee Backup"="c:\program files\McAfee\MBK\McAfeeDataBackup.exe" [2007-01-16 4838952]
"MBkLogOnHook"="c:\program files\McAfee\MBK\LogOnHook.exe" [2007-01-08 20480]
"AppleSyncNotifier"="c:\program files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleSyncNotifier.exe" [2009-05-14 177472]
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="c:\program files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe" [2009-05-21 148888]
"avast!"="c:\progra~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe" [2009-02-05 81000]
"QuickTime Task"="c:\program files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" [2009-05-26 413696]
"ftutil2"="ftutil2.dll" - c:\windows\system32\ftutil2.dll [2004-06-07 106496]
"RTHDCPL"="RTHDCPL.EXE" - c:\windows\RTHDCPL.EXE [2006-06-14 16239616]
"nwiz"="nwiz.exe" - c:\windows\system32\nwiz.exe [2006-05-09 1519616]

c:\documents and settings\Compaq_Owner\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
wkcalrem.LNK - c:\program files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkCalRem.exe [2004-6-23 15360]

c:\documents and settings\Administrator\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Pin.lnk - c:\hp\bin\CLOAKER.EXE [2006-8-31 27136]

c:\docume~1\ALLUSE~1\STARTM~1\Programs\Startup\
HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk - c:\program files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe [2004-11-4 258048]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\mcmscsvc]
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\MCODS]
@=""

[HKLM\~\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^All Users^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^Compaq Connections.lnk]
path=c:\documents and settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Compaq Connections.lnk
backup=c:\windows\pss\Compaq Connections.lnkCommon Startup

[HKLM\~\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^All Users^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^Kodak EasyShare software.lnk]
path=c:\documents and settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Kodak EasyShare software.lnk
backup=c:\windows\pss\Kodak EasyShare software.lnkCommon Startup

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring]
"DisableMonitoring"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\McAfeeAntiVirus]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\McAfeeFirewall]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\SymantecAntiVirus]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\SymantecFirewall]

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Compaq Connections\\5577497\\Program\\Compaq Connections.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Kodak\\Kodak EasyShare software\\bin\\EasyShare.exe"=
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\McAfee\\MNA\\McNASvc.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\McAfee\\MBK\\McAfeeDataBackup.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Bonjour\\mDNSResponder.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Mozilla Firefox\\firefox.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\iTunes\\iTunes.exe"=

R1 aswSP;avast! Self Protection;c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswSP.sys [7/24/2009 4:23 PM 114768]
R2 aswFsBlk;aswFsBlk;c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswFsBlk.sys [7/24/2009 4:23 PM 20560]
S0 Lbd;Lbd;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\Lbd.sys --> c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\Lbd.sys [?]
S2 gupdate1c9e61e3199dac6;Google Update Service (gupdate1c9e61e3199dac6);c:\program files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe [6/5/2009 4:42 PM 133104]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\active setup\installed components\>{60B49E34-C7CC-11D0-8953-00A0C90347FF}]
"c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe" "c:\windows\system32\iedkcs32.dll",BrandIEActiveSetup SIGNUP
- - - - ORPHANS REMOVED - - - -

HKCU-Run-Uniblue RegistryBooster 2009 - c:\program files\Uniblue\RegistryBooster\RegistryBooster.exe
HKLM-Run-PCDrProfiler - (no file)
HKLM-Explorer_Run-vUDNTe1yOv - c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\pslebgds\xifwpqfi.exe
SSODL-commntcmd-{6CAAFDFF-727E-3975-C65F-08A97AE6783B} - (no file)

------- Supplementary Scan -------
uStart Page = hxxp://www.google.com
uDefault_Search_URL = hxxp://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iesearch&locale=EN_US&c=64&bd=PRESARIO&pf=desktop
uSearchMigratedDefaultUrl = hxxp://www.mywebsearch.com/jsp/cfg_redir2.jsp?id=ZCfox000&fl=0&ptb=FrvHOnNOwGP7xFGNjthBdw&url=http://edits.mywebsearch.com/toolbaredits/barsearch.jhtml&st=sb&searchfor={searchTerms}
mSearch Bar = hxxp://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iesearch&locale=EN_US&c=64&bd=PRESARIO&pf=desktop
mWindow Title = Windows Internet Explorer provided by Comcast
uInternet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = hxxp://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_US&c=64&bd=PRESARIO&pf=desktop
uInternet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
IE: &Search - http://edits.mywebsearch.com/toolbaredits/...html?p=ZCfox000
FF - ProfilePath - c:\docume~1\COMPAQ~1\APPLIC~1\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\dkvqgc9o.default\
FF - prefs.js: browser.search.defaulturl - hxxp://www.google.com/search?lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=
FF - prefs.js: browser.startup.homepage - hxxp://www.comcast.net?cid=NET_mmhpset
FF - plugin: c:\program files\Google\Update\1.2.183.7\npGoogleOneClick8.dll

catchme 0.3.1398 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2009-08-14 11:52
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
McAfee Backup = c:\program files\McAfee\MBK\McAfeeDataBackup.exe?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0

--------------------- DLLs Loaded Under Running Processes ---------------------

- - - - - - - > 'explorer.exe'(808)
c:\windows\system32\WININET.dll
c:\progra~1\WINDOW~1\wmpband.dll
c:\windows\system32\ieframe.dll
c:\windows\system32\webcheck.dll
c:\windows\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
c:\windows\system32\PortableDeviceTypes.dll
c:\windows\system32\PortableDeviceApi.dll
------------------------ Other Running Processes ------------------------
c:\program files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
c:\program files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
c:\program files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
c:\windows\system32\nvsvc32.exe
c:\program files\Comcast\Desktop Doctor\bin\sprtsvc.exe
c:\program files\McAfee\MPF\MpfSrv.exe
c:\progra~1\McAfee\MSC\mcuimgr.exe
c:\windows\system32\wscntfy.exe
c:\program files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
c:\progra~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
c:\progra~1\COMMON~1\McAfee\MNA\McNASvc.exe
c:\progra~1\COMMON~1\McAfee\McProxy\McProxy.exe
c:\program files\McAfee\VirusScan\Mcshield.exe
Completion time: 2009-08-14 12:05 - machine was rebooted
ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2009-08-14 16:05

Pre-Run: 55,871,848,448 bytes free
Post-Run: 57,054,584,832 bytes free

293 --- E O F --- 2009-08-13 03:02

Edited by Goat Fish, 14 August 2009 - 11:45 AM.

#9 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,301 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:06 PM

Hello, Goat Fish :)
:thumbup2: How are things running now?

Please post a fresh rootrepeal log:

• Download RootRepeal from the following location and save it to your desktop.
  • Extract RootRepeal.exe from the archive.
  • Check all seven boxes: Posted Image
  • Push Ok
I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan
  • Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
    ESET OnlineScan
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
    • Click on Posted Image to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
    • Double click on the Posted Image icon on your desktop.
  • Check Posted Image
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Check Posted Image
  • Push the Start button.
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, push Posted Image
  • Push Posted Image, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Push the Posted Image button.
  • Push Posted Image
In your next reply, please include the following:
  • RootRepeal Log
  • ESET OnlineScan's Log

Billy3

Edited by Billy O'Neal, 14 August 2009 - 01:06 PM.

Posted Image

#10 Goat Fish

Goat Fish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:48 PM

Error- invalid PE image found! 21:24:50 (This happened when I opened it)

Here is the report, I hope that it bares good news.

Scan Start Time: 2009/08/16 21:27
Program Version: Version 1.3.5.0

Drivers
-------------------
Name: dump_atapi.sys
Image Path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\dump_atapi.sys
Address: 0xB5295000 Size: 98304 File Visible: No Signed: -

Name: dump_WMILIB.SYS
Image Path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\dump_WMILIB.SYS
Address: 0xBAE3A000 Size: 8192 File Visible: No Signed: -

Name: rootrepeal.sys
Image Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\rootrepeal.sys
Address: 0xB2715000 Size: 49152 File Visible: No Signed: -

Hidden/Locked Files
-------------------
Path: C:\hiberfil.sys

Path: c:\windows\temp\mcafee_epf0ffmly81rzi2

SSDT
-------------------
#: 025 Function Name: NtClose
Status: Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\aswSP.SYS" at address 0xb62ac6b8

#: 041 Function Name: NtCreateKey
Status: Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\aswSP.SYS" at address 0xb62ac574

#: 065 Function Name: NtDeleteValueKey
Status: Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\aswSP.SYS" at address 0xb62aca52

#: 068 Function Name: NtDuplicateObject
Status: Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\aswSP.SYS" at address 0xb62ac14c

#: 119 Function Name: NtOpenKey
Status: Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\aswSP.SYS" at address 0xb62ac64e

#: 122 Function Name: NtOpenProcess
Status: Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\aswSP.SYS" at address 0xb62ac08c

#: 128 Function Name: NtOpenThread
Status: Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\aswSP.SYS" at address 0xb62ac0f0

#: 177 Function Name: NtQueryValueKey
Status: Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\aswSP.SYS" at address 0xb62ac76e

#: 204 Function Name: NtRestoreKey
Status: Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\aswSP.SYS" at address 0xb62ac72e

#: 247 Function Name: NtSetValueKey
Status: Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\aswSP.SYS" at address 0xb62ac8ae

==EOF==

#11 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,301 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2009 - 09:14 PM

Don't worry about the message :thumbup2: The log indicates that the rootkit driver has been removed, which is what we are looking for :) (The remaining hooks are installed by Avast AntiVirus' Self Protection Module).

Please run the ESET steps.

Billy3
Posted Image

#12 Goat Fish

Goat Fish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2009 - 07:20 AM

I promise that I haven't forgotten or abandoned my quest to get rid off the malware, I have been trying to run the ESET that you asked me too, but it doesn't seem to be working out for me.

The first time it scanned, it got to about 20% then just sort of sat there for a long time. The second time, it took it six hours to get past 20% then someone overloaded the breaker in my house and my computer was a casualty of that. Then the third time I tried to run it I got to 20% and once again it just sat there. It's running right now, hopefully it'll be a little swifter, and if not no one trips my breaker.

I disabled my Avast thinking that might help it out, I'm afraid to disable McAfee too.

I just wanted you to know that I'm working on it, and that I will post the report as soon as I get it. Just don't give up on me.

#13 Goat Fish

Goat Fish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2009 - 02:00 PM

O.K. I got the scan to work, however it didn't let me log it. I thought I followed the directions to the "T", but I guess I messed up somewhere. The good news is that it didn't discover any infections. If you want I can run it again and see if this time I can get some sort of report to show you. It's still installed in my computer...even though I checked the "uninstall on close" option. Hmmm....
Well, let me know. Once again I'm soooo sorry that I had such a hard time getting it to work.

Thanks Again,
Tanya

#14 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,301 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:29 PM

Hello, Goat Fish.

Not a problem :) The log is only produced if there are infections found.

Congratulations! You now appear clean! :thumbup2:

Are things running okay? Do you have any more questions?

System Still Slow?
You may wish to try StartupLite. Simply download this tool to your desktop and run it. It will explain any optional auto-start programs on your system, and offer the option to stop these programs from starting at startup. This will result in fewer programs running when you boot your system, and should improve preformance.
If that does not work, you can try the steps mentioned in Slow Computer/browser? Check Here First; It May Not Be Malware.

We Need to Clean Up Our Mess
  • Please download OTCleanIt from one of the following mirrors and save it to your desktop:
  • Double click the Posted Image icon.
  • Push the large "Cleanup" button.
  • Allow your system to reboot.
Recommendations
Below are some recommendations to lower your chances of (re)infection.
  • Install and maintain an outbound firewall
  • Install Spyware Blaster and update it regularly
    If you wish, the commercial version provides automatic updating.
  • Install the MVPs hosts file, and update it regularly
    You can use the HostMan host file manager to do this automaticly if you wish.
    For more information on the hosts file, and what it can do for you, you can view the Tutorial on the Hosts file
  • Install an Anti-Spyware program, and update it regularly
    Malware Byte's Anti Malware is an excellent Anti-Spyware scanner. It's scan times are usually under ten minutes, and has excellent detection and removal rates.
    SUPERAntiSpyware is another good scanner with high detection and removal rates.
    Both programs are free for non commercial home use but provide a resident and do not nag if you purchase the paid versions.
  • Keep Windows (and your other Microsoft software) up to date!
    I cannot stress how important this is enough. Often holes are found in Internet Explorer or Windows itself that require patching. Sometimes these holes will allow an attacker unrestricted access to your computer.

If you are using Windows XP or earlier
    Visit the Microsoft Update Website and follow the on screen instructions to setup Microsoft Update. Also follow the instructions to update your system. Please REBOOT and repeat this process until there are no more updates to install!!

If you are using Windows Vista
    • Click the "Start Menu" (or Windows Orb)
    • Click "All Programs"
    • Click "Windows Update"
    • On the left, choose "Change Settings"
    • Ensure that the checkbox "Use Microsoft Update" at the bottom of the window is checked.
    • Press OK and accept the UAC prompt.
      Note: You shouldn't need to check this checkbox every single time you update, only the first time.
    • Click "Check for Updates" in the upper left corner.
    • Follow the instructions to install the latest updates.
    • Reboot and repeat the "Check for Updates" until there are no more critical updates to install
  • Keep your other software up to date as well
    Software does not need to be made by Microsoft to be insecure. You can use the Secunia Online Software occasionally to help you check for out of date software on your machine.
  • Stay up to date!
    The MOST IMPORTANT part of any security setup is keeping the software up to date. Malware writers release new variants every single day. If your software updates don't keep up, then the malware will always be one step ahead. Not a good thing :).

Edited by Billy O'Neal, 21 August 2009 - 05:29 PM.

Posted Image

#15 Goat Fish

Goat Fish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:49 AM

It seems that there's something wrong with the links for OTCleanIt , I keep getting a "Not Found" response when I click on them.
I took your advice on the StarupLite, and plan on installing one of the anti-spyware programs you mentioned, but is that going to work well with Avast and McAfee or should I uninstall Avast?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users