Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bleeping computer...

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 tanzi

tanzi

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 26 July 2009 - 07:25 AM

I'm not sure if this is in the right forum so appologies if it isn't...

My pc has started bleeping, it has no obvious rhythm to it, it is getting rather annoying now, any ideas as to what is wrong?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 flexxx

flexxx

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 26 July 2009 - 10:40 AM

I'm not sure if this is in the right forum so appologies if it isn't...

My pc has started bleeping, it has no obvious rhythm to it, it is getting rather annoying now, any ideas as to what is wrong?

My antivirus program does that when it picks up a detection

#3 Moby Purple

Moby Purple

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2009 - 10:44 AM

We need a little more info. Are the beeps completely random, or are they occurring during startup, for example? How many beeps and what type (long or short)? It could be a problem in the BIOS, but it could be other things. Have you added or changed out any hardware lately? Have you dropped or bumped the computer lately?

#4 tanzi

tanzi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2009 - 11:29 AM

Hi, the beeps don't start at start up, they are long beeps, it seems the more you do with the pc the worse they get.

The pc has not been bumped or dropped, i have not added or changed any hardware.
thanks tanzi.

#5 zesler

zesler

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 26 July 2009 - 11:34 AM

Hi, the beeps don't start at start up, they are long beeps, it seems the more you do with the pc the worse they get.

The pc has not been bumped or dropped, i have not added or changed any hardware.
thanks tanzi.

Could you run (http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php) and post the output here. I'm thinking the computer is over heating. It could also be possible that its an issue with the sound card. Have you always had the issue?
Posted Image

#6 tanzi

tanzi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2009 - 11:45 AM

Yes i will do that...
and no it hasn't always done it, although very rarely it would give off a bleep and then it wouldn't do it again for months, the bleeping has got conciderably worse over the last week or so.

#7 tanzi

tanzi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:14 PM

Which output am i posting ? i can't seem to copy and paste it onto here.

Sorry for being dense !! :thumbsup:

#8 zesler

zesler

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2009 - 07:46 PM

Which output am i posting ? i can't seem to copy and paste it onto here.

Sorry for being dense !! :thumbsup:

Well post the temperatures of the CPU and other devices like your fans and such. Post it when its beeping a lot and when its beeping a little for a comparison.
Posted Image

#9 tanzi

tanzi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:18 AM

Ok here goes,

fan 1 1901, rpm 53 c
fan 2 2402, rpm 1 c
fan 3 0, rpm 88-90 c

cpu usage 57-100%

Fan 3 can vary between 98-100c [when the pc starts beeping alot]

Edited by tanzi, 27 July 2009 - 08:42 AM.

#10 zesler

zesler

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2009 - 12:56 PM

Fan 3 can vary between 98-100c [when the pc starts beeping alot][/quote]

Fan 3 is having any issue and is overheating 90 degrees Celsius = 194 degrees Fahrenheit

Fan 1 is also having issues stating that its 1 degree Celsius = 33.8 degrees Fahrenheit

That could be why the system is beeping. Can you turn on the computer and check the fans?

If you want to check if that's the problem. Leave your computer off for a few hours. Remove the connect (generally a 4 pin molex) on the fans(except your CPU) and run it. If it doesn't beep then the fan is having the issue.

Edited by zesler, 27 July 2009 - 12:57 PM.

Posted Image

#11 tanzi

tanzi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:30 PM

Ok zesler, thanks for that :thumbsup:

if it is the fan would i have to get someone pro to sort it ?

#12 Moby Purple

Moby Purple

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:00 PM

Fans are very easy to swap out. Shut the PC down, unplug it, disconnect the molex connector, and remove the screws (usually four) holding it in place. Take the old one with you to make sure you get the right size. 80mm and 120mm are the most common sizes. If you don't shop online, Best Buy or any place like that have them. You can even get them with colored LED lights, blue, red, green, etc. :thumbsup:

#13 tanzi

tanzi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:24 AM

Thank-you ~ Moby Purple... :thumbsup:

#14 tanzi

tanzi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2009 - 09:27 AM

The Fan has been cleaned as it was FULL of dust, it seems to be running better now...it is working..

Temp is between 48c & 53c with a green tick nxt to it...before it had a flame nxt to it

I will keep an eye on it .

Do you think this is ok? :thumbsup:

tanzi.

#15 Moby Purple

Moby Purple

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:50 PM

Has the beeping stopped? If so, I'd say you have solved the problem. You should open up your computer at least once a year (I do mine twice) and blow all the dust out from all the components, not just the fans. You would be amazed at how much dust can accumulate in these things, especially if you have it on or near the floor, or if you have pets. Dust=heat build-up=overworked components=computer failure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users