Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is this a good computer?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ThatConfusedMofo

ThatConfusedMofo

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 PM

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:08 PM

Operating System: Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium Edition SP1, 64-Bit

Processors: Intel® Core™ i7-920 Processor(8MB L3 Cache, 2.66GHz)

Memory: 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1066MHz - 6 DIMMs

Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB

Hard Drive: 1TB - 7200RPM, SATA 3.0Gb/s, 16MB Cache

Optical Drives Single Drive: 16X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability

Sound Card: Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio

The price is $1200CDN (before taxes) and after taxes $1370.77 from Dell
This seems like a pretty good deal to me, but what do I know? I could really use some advice here. I'm planning on keeping this computer for years (4+). Is this a goodcomputer for gaming (would be be able to run today's games at acceptable speeds?). And feed back would be appreciated.

Also, how are these i7 processors and am I getting good value for this price?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:58 AM

I'm not really sure about canadian prices, but it seems like a solid build. If you're going to be playing the latest and greatest games though, that graphics card may be a bit lacking if not now, within a few months. I'm not saying the cards bad, but, especially if you'll be running games at a high resolution, you may not be able to run newer games on the highest settings.

The Corei7 processors are the best out. If you're looking for a great gaming computer, and going to shell out more than a grand, then you should definitely get a Corei7.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 muffler01

muffler01

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:06 AM

price does not matter when your aiming a good computer, I can say its a good computer. Was wondering why are you building that kind o computer? i hope i will have that kind of build up on my pc someday.

adultmatchclub

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users