Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

QuickTime and I Tunes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dtilt

dtilt

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:00 PM

Could not really find a catagory for this question. You can point me to the correct area if this is wrong.

I cannot update both ITunes and QuickTime. I don't get how to update one and not the other.
I believe it is not updating QT because of the version not matching.

How do you find a msi file if it is missing? I tried using my XP installation disk to find it. It worked once before but not this time.

anyone else encoutered this problem or had trouble with your antivirus and these programs?

how should I go about fixing it especially if I need to uninstall them and start new - would you delete everything that refers to them?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Moby Purple

Moby Purple

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 28 July 2009 - 05:36 PM

I'm no expert on iTunes, but I use it. I just open iTunes occasionally, click on Help, and then Check for Updates, and let it do its thing. Sometimes it updates iTunes, sometimes QuickTime, sometimes both, or tells you no updates are available. That should give you the latest versions on both.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users