Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I cannot remove "narrator" or "magnifier" from start up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Skookums

Skookums

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 25 July 2009 - 04:24 PM

I have been working at trying to figure out how to remove narrator and magnifier from start up and I have not found any help at all, so I am hoping someone can help me now. I never intended to leave either of those features on when I activated them as I was only curiious to see if they may be of some use to me since I have glaucoma. However, they have turned out to be mostly an annoyance to me as they pop up everytime I start my computer. Does anyone have an idea how to get these off of my computer? thanks :thumbsup:

Edited by The weatherman, 25 July 2009 - 05:24 PM.
Moved to a more appropriate forum. Tw

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tork

tork

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 25 July 2009 - 05:59 PM

I found the following:

To turn off Narrator

go to Start\All Programs\Accessories\Accessibility\Narrator, then remove the checks from
Announce System Events and the Read text option; click ok and exit.

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-75616.php

To turn off Magnifier

Click Start, All programs, Accessories, Ease of Access, and Ease of Access Center. Click Make the computer easier to see. Uncheck the option Turn on Magnifier. Click Save.

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/how-to-turn-off-magnifier/

Additional information on Narrator and Magnifier and despite the titles includes information about turning each one off
Turn On and Use Narrator
Turn On and Use Magnifier

#3 tork

tork

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:10 PM

Over the weekend I did some tweaking on an XP computer for someone who is visually impaired. Maybe these resources are of interest to you.
I'm posting XP and Vista links.

Resource Guide for Individuals with Vision Difficulties and Impairments
Accessibility Tutorials for Microsoft Products
Windows XP Accessibility Tutorials
Windows XP adjust display and appearance
Windows Vista Accessibility Tutorials
Windows Vista change size of text and icons

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users