Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sys Security - Now Blue Screen - Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MichiganSpinOut

MichiganSpinOut

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 AM

Posted 25 July 2009 - 12:42 PM

Hello,

First let me say thanks for this site.

Yesterday when I would go into IE and do a search via Google the link results would send me to different sites - not the ones I wanted to visit. Then this morning this "System Security Anti-Virus" software was on my system and it wouldn't allow me to do anything. It would not allow me to run Malwarebytes - so using a different computer I saw on this site you could change the name of the MBAM file and so I did and I was able to scan and delete about 30 different infected files. The system rebooted and after 5 or so minutes a blue screen appeared saying "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer." I turned the computer off - back on - and it appears again and again.

I tried Safe Mode and a bunch of WINDOWS/Sys32 files ran down the screen and another blue screen comes up saying the same thing but with the added "Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newely installed hard drives. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hrd drive corruption and then restart your computer."

Not sure what to do at this point. Any advice? I can't get it logged on to even scan.

Thanks again.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 MichiganSpinOut

MichiganSpinOut
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 AM

Posted 25 July 2009 - 01:05 PM

Update:

I unpluged my Internet and rebooted - now a screen appears that says "Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:

\windows\system32\config\system

Did this virus just kill my system?

Thanks again for any advice.

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 26 July 2009 - 06:50 PM

I assume you still cannot get into safe mode?
Do you have a retail windows CD?
If not you can download this and burn an ISO:
http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?showtopic=150212
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users