Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Express 6.0 Error Message

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 geoheid

geoheid

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 25 July 2009 - 12:10 PM

Immediately after accessing Outlook Express 6.0, the following window appears:

Logon – geoheid

In the upper left corner of the window, a picture of a lock and key are found.

The message reads:

Please enter your user name and password for the following server:

Lognon server: Outgoing.verizon.net

User name:

Password:

It is necessary for me to use Windows Task manager to close the above window.

When I do, the following message appears:

"There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'geoheid', Server: 'incoming.verizon.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92."

I am unable to receive new email.

In the lower right hand corner of the Outlook Express window appears: "Authorizing"

Since I am unable to receive email posts, please forward any help information to:

Earlier today, I received help information that read:

"Check your account set up and make sure the entries are right (check with your ISP). In OE > Tools > Accounts > select 'geoheid' > properties."

What steps do I need to follow to 'check with my ISP to be sure the entries are 'right'?

A new 'second' problem surfaced when I attempted to use a link found in a Microsoft Word document saved to my hard drive. The message read:

"This operation has been cancelled due to restriction in effect on this computer."

I would be most grateful for any assistance you might provide me.

I have limited technical knowledge or skill; however, I am able to follow any step-by-step ‘solution directions’ you send.

Cordially
geoheid

Some computer specs

Custom computer

Windows XP Pro – Version 2002
Service Pack 3
2.40 gigaherz Intel Core 2 Duo
2.41GHz. 2.00 GB RAM
2048mb Installed Memory

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mysterysgames

Mysterysgames

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 25 July 2009 - 12:58 PM

Are you indeed using Verizon as provider?
If so, check this guide: http://www.verizon.net/central/vzc.portal?...amp;objId=16962

#3 mike171562

mike171562

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 AM

Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:20 AM

Authorization failed means just what it sounds like, your username and password combination did not authorize on that mail server. You need to call your ISP/Verizon and ask them what to use for your login name and password. Your other error sounds like a user permissions issue are you logged in as the Administrator on that computer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users