Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New to Winzip 12.1

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Angah

Angah

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 25 July 2009 - 11:59 AM

I downloaded some zipped files to a folder in my hard drive. I right-clicked the folder and click on the Send To menu option and choose Compressed (zipped) Folder. Something comes out saying ( For compressed (zipped) folders to handle ZIP files correctly, the application associated with them must be Compressed (Zipped) Folders. Currently this is not the case. Do you want to designate Compressed (Zipped) Folders as the application for handling ZIP files? Yes No.) How do I compressed the folder so it will have the compressed file icon? Or is the folder already compressed because of the zipped files that I downloaded? Next, when the folder has been compressed, I need to extract the folder. I try to extract the folder by right clicking the folder but there's no 'Extract All' menu option. The drop down menu has as below :
Open
Explore
Sharing and security
Winzip - Add to zip file
Add to folders' name.zip
Add to recently used zip files
Zip and e-mail folders' name file
Zip and e-mail plus
Configure
Scan for security threats and so on. Did I do something wrong? I'm using window Xp. Appreciate the help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mysterysgames

Mysterysgames

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:01 PM

What exactly do you wish to do? Extract the .zip files that you have downloaded?
Then you should to open the folder where you have saved the .zip files, right click on the .zip files one by one, and select extract.
As I understand you have right clicked the folder where you have saved the zip files, and not the .zip files, right?

Does this help, or did I misunderstand you?

Edited by Mysterysgames, 25 July 2009 - 02:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users