Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Widescreen Camcorder PC playback

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 provocateur

provocateur

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 AM

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:58 AM

I have a widescreen (16:9) camcorder (Panasonic SDR-H20), and I need some information, if possible.
The software supplied (Pixma) downloads and writes video to CD or DVD, but plays back on my PC screen in 4:3 format. My screen is a widescreen LCD.

1. Is there any way that I can see the PC playback in 16:9 widescreen format?
2. Will the DVD automatically play in widescreen on an LCD (16:9) TV? (I do not have a widescreen tv - yet).

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks for reading my post.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zesler

zesler

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 PM

Posted 25 July 2009 - 12:10 PM

1. Is there any way that I can see the PC playback in 16:9 widescreen format?

Depend on what software you currently have on your computer and how it works. Generally it should play in widescreen format but there will be bars to cut the screen.

2. Will the DVD automatically play in widescreen on an LCD (16:9) TV? (I do not have a widescreen tv - yet).

As for the tv it depends on the player itself and what other content is on the dvd(sometimes the dvd will default to whatever format the tv is and sometimes it will not).
Posted Image

#3 provocateur

provocateur
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 AM

Posted 26 July 2009 - 05:42 AM

The software that comes with the camcorder shows the video in 4:3 format. What I would like to know is whether there is software, even a media player add-on, which will show the video in 16:9 format. And if the video created with Pixma will show the DVD in wide format on standard (HD ready) LCD or Plasma TVs.

Edited by provocateur, 26 July 2009 - 05:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users