Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer or Network..I dont know.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kat1824

Kat1824

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 25 July 2009 - 12:48 AM

I am having a problem with either my computer or my network. I can not figure out which. I can access my internet but it keeps timing out. I also cannot get enough connection to upload pictures to photobucket, myspace, etc. I had cable installed last week and it has never worked correctly. I have called my internet provider twice since this started. The first time he suggested that I had an infection on my computer. I ran scans with AVG, Super antispyware, and malware bytes. I got rid of everything. Now when I scan nothing comes up. The second time I called(the day before yesterday he had me change a few things (turn on network sharing, and deselect internet protocol version6) and it worked great for the rest of the day. He also advised that if it continued to happen I would have to reset my laptop to factory setting, but I no longer have any of the disks needed to do that. Yesterday it starting timing out and not letting me upload. I am at a loss here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zesler

zesler

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 25 July 2009 - 12:15 PM

I am having a problem with either my computer or my network. I can not figure out which. I can access my internet but it keeps timing out. I also cannot get enough connection to upload pictures to photobucket, myspace, etc. I had cable installed last week and it has never worked correctly. I have called my internet provider twice since this started. The first time he suggested that I had an infection on my computer. I ran scans with AVG, Super antispyware, and malware bytes. I got rid of everything. Now when I scan nothing comes up. The second time I called(the day before yesterday he had me change a few things (turn on network sharing, and deselect internet protocol version6) and it worked great for the rest of the day. He also advised that if it continued to happen I would have to reset my laptop to factory setting, but I no longer have any of the disks needed to do that. Yesterday it starting timing out and not letting me upload. I am at a loss here.

Ok hit the windows keys and r key. On that new run window type cmd. On that new window type ping 127.0.0.1. If that works ping google.com.

If you can't ping google.com, type ipconfig and see if you can ping to your default gateway(from ipconfig)

If you can't ping 127.0.0.1, I think the card(on your computer) that connects on-line is broken.

If ping google.com works try to connect on-line.

Are you behind a router & do you have a firewall?
Posted Image

#3 Kat1824

Kat1824
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:35 PM

Ok hit the windows keys and r key. On that new run window type cmd. On that new window type ping 127.0.0.1. If that works ping google.com.

If you can't ping google.com, type ipconfig and see if you can ping to your default gateway(from ipconfig)

If you can't ping 127.0.0.1, I think the card(on your computer) that connects on-line is broken.

If ping google.com works try to connect on-line.

Are you behind a router & do you have a firewall?

Posted Image
I am not so computer savvy so I print screened my command page. I think it worked but I am not sure. I can connect to the internet, no problem, it just times out constantly.

#4 andrewww

andrewww

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 PM

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:40 PM

Do you have a wirless router? or just connected to the cable modem? What antivirus software do you have?
Lucy
C2D E6600 @ 2.4, 8GB OCZ Reaper @ 1066, 500GB Barracuda, Powercolor HD4850, Asus P5Q Pro, Corsair TX650, NZXT Lexa Blackline, Windows 7 - Build 7100, Samsung 22" Monitor

#5 Kat1824

Kat1824
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2009 - 03:00 PM

Do you have a wirless router? or just connected to the cable modem? What antivirus software do you have?

I am connected to the cable modem. I have been using the AVG antivirus. When I run it nothing comes up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users