Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi i'm Ron from Seattle, sorry to be haste

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BigRon

BigRon

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 12 July 2005 - 03:30 AM

Hi guys,
I really need help, my laptop has been taken over by spyware I have a blue screen which says: Fatal Ie error occured 0028:C0011E36 in VXD VMM (01) 00010e36. Erron was cause by Trojan -spy.html.smitfraud.c, so on ..and it tells me to use my antivirus and spyware remover.

I ran avg and adware, no luck there.
Then I tried Grinler's help guide on removing antivirus gold or avgold (chose this since that annoying antivirus forces u to buy the product w/c I didnt) , I follpwed every single detail in grinlers help guide and its still not working. One thing i noticed when running hijackthis, I didnt see the winhook part, and it seems my avg tells me that my intel32.exe is infected by trojan I saw this in hijackthis as a possible option to fix but I didnt touch it since it wasnt on the how do to list.

At this point I am desperate like some people in this forum because I cannot work in my laptop without feeling secure, im scared to run any work stuff on it. Plus the spyware taking over my desktop isnt right and the constant popups. My ( display properties doesnt even work right, ie you can't do wallpaper etc. I know its wishful thingking but I felt pursuing legal process was the right thing to do with what these people make you go through.

Im sorry if I have placed my problem in the intro page, I need help

thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 12 July 2005 - 09:13 AM

I suggest you post a HJT log to the log forum here, where our team of volunteers can help you. Read carefully the instructions:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/How...s_Log-t956.html

And please be a little patient, since logs are review on a first posted, first worked schedule.

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users