Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Removal of registry entry.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BlackDuck

BlackDuck

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 24 July 2009 - 07:51 PM

Good morning, as this is my first post I hope I'm in the right section.

My problem is that I'm trying to reinstall Comodo firewall but the installer tells me that Comodo is already installed.

I've checked the computer to find any reference to Comodo and can only find it in, C:\program files\comodo\firewall\cmdagent.exe.

As this is the only reference to Comodo I'm assuming that this is a fragment left from when I un-installed Comodo, and is what the install program sees as being an installed version of Comodo.

My question is, How can I remove this without paying $50+ for a registry fixing software that I may never need again?.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

BlackDuck.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,807 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 28 July 2009 - 03:11 PM

I am moving this to the AntiVirus, Firewall and Privacy Products and Protection Methods forum.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 RedDawn

RedDawn

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 28 July 2009 - 09:18 PM

BlackDuck,

Clean-up tool for Comodo Internet Security:

https://forums.comodo.com/install_setup_con...59617#msg259617

:thumbsup:

PS: I would stay well clear of registry cleaners, free or paid, unless you are very sure of what you are removing :flowers:.
Do I need a Registry Cleaner?

#4 BlackDuck

BlackDuck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:26 AM

Thank you for the response RedDawn.
Unfortunately it didn't work, but still worth a try.

Cheers,
BlackDuck.

#5 RedDawn

RedDawn

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:11 PM

Okay, then the next three steps I would take are;

1/ Re-read the above Clean-up tool article in case you overlooked something and try again.

2/ Try the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility and remove any entries relating to Comodo.

3/ If you are still having problems at this stage, then the best source for a solution would be Comodo's Forums.

Best of luck,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users