Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

oneclick homepage pest!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jerrykalaheo

jerrykalaheo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 AM

Posted 12 July 2005 - 01:55 AM

This oneclicksearch homepage denies me access to any email. I tried whatever I could to get rid of it but it keeps "hijacking" my MSN & Yahoo homepages.

Show me how good you are...please!!!

Edited by jerrykalaheo, 12 July 2005 - 01:56 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 12 July 2005 - 03:09 AM

Hi not much info need more info to be able to help you, but believe that is either a virus or file corrupted.
Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 AM

Posted 12 July 2005 - 08:25 PM

It sounds like you have a hijacker.

The first steps will be to have run the free spyware removal software Spybot - Search and Destroy and Ad-Aware. If there are problems after this step, we will continue with asking you to download Hijack This and post a HijackThis log. This log will enable us to understand what is happening on your system and potentially quickly spot and then rectify the problems you are having.

Download, install, update and run these two applications:
AdAware (get the free version which is named Adaware SE): http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

Spybot S&D: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

If these do not work completely I suggest you then post a HijackThis log for assistance with your problem.

Read the pinned post in the HijackThis forum, here
Carefully read and follow all directions exactly.

Run a log, and post it in the HJT forum, at this link.

Do not attempt to fix anything, yet.

A member, of the HJT Team, will examine the log and offer assistance.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the members of the HJT Team are very busy.
Please, be patient, this team is manned by volunteers. They will help you as soon as possible.

NOTE
Once you have made the post, please DO NOT make another post in the HJT forum, until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team.

The first thing they look for, when looking for logs to reply to, is 0 replies. If you make another post, it will show 1 reply.
A team member, looking to see if a reply has been made might assume someone is already assisting you and will not respond.

So, just make your post and wait for a response until a team member responds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users