Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista recovery

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 spdfrk78

spdfrk78

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 24 July 2009 - 06:24 PM

A few weeks ago my laptop started running extremely slow. By slow I mean clicking the FireFox icon on the desktop and waiting literally five to ten minutes for the browser to open up . Basically, any time I click on something it takes about that long before the program or window opens up. When I try to use Microsoft PowerPoint or Office, I get a message that the items have been moved or deleted. I tried running Malwarebytes and Spybot but those have been moved or deleted. I tried running the "error check" option on the hard disk but I just get a message that the disk is in use and the program cannot be run at this time. I figured I would just use the system recovery option but I got a message that their aren't any recovery points available even though I have used this option before. My last resort was to run the recovery disc an start from scratch but after following the instructions on the recovery disc cover, the laptop just starts like it usually does and completely ignores the recovery disc. Does anyone have any other ideas that I can try?

My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite running Windows Vista OS.
Toshiba Satellite Laptop
Hoping to build some type of "Hot Rod" multi-media machine

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 spdfrk78

spdfrk78
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:12 PM

Finally figured it out. I disregarded the info on the CD jacket. I loaded the CD, restarted the laptop, and hit F12. I rebooted of of the recovery disc and followed the directions from their.
Toshiba Satellite Laptop
Hoping to build some type of "Hot Rod" multi-media machine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users