Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Game controller problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ingjr

Ingjr

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 24 July 2009 - 03:34 PM

Well I thought I'd buy a game controller and start playing a few games. Don't remember what I bought as I took it back because I couldn't get it to work. It was a Saito somethingorother, just your basic game pad with the two joysticks and about 10 programable buttons and a 4-way cursor. I tried to run the softwear to get started and my Gateway LX6810-01 media center computer wouldn't properly run the softwear. I couldn't download the part that allowed me to program the individual features I wanted on to each control. It's a 64-bit computer, could this be the reason? Anyway I got so frustrated that I took it back for a refund. I thought this would be a plug and play type deal as I basically just wanted one of the joystick controllers to work on some simpler older games. The free online type. Anyway, should this be that difficult or is the 64-bit deal causing me problems. The package said Vista compatable but it was just a added on sticker, looked like an afterthought. Said nothing about 64bit. When I try these online games with my mouse and arrow keys they work fine, but the game controller really confused the heck out of me. Should it be this difficult?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2009 - 11:29 AM

I believe you would need this download:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...4c-56ffb828ba4e
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Ingjr

Ingjr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2009 - 01:01 PM

Thanks, I'll give it a try. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users