Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE7 slow starting up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Paulrenno

Paulrenno

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 24 July 2009 - 01:30 PM

I have noticed that when I first open up IE7, it takes quite a while to open up - and my home page is only Google.
Once its opened, I can surf from one site to another quite quickly and normal. And if I close IE7 down and then open it up again, it seems fine, its just that first time. Why would that be?

I have an internet cleaner which cleans as the last IE page closes, and I also have ATF Cleaner.

I have run scans on Avast. SuperAntispyware and Spybot and all came back with nothing.

I think (not really sure) that this started happening after I installed an HP Printer - but most of the time its switched off.

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rebecca.

Rebecca.

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 PM

Posted 24 July 2009 - 03:12 PM

It would probably be the fact that Internet Explorer is gathering the data from all of the websites which causes it to be slow; it may take a while to prepare all the correct graphics, audio, etc. from certain websites. And on top of that, it may need to be upgraded, so that would make it even slower on start ups. Try upgrading to Internet Explorer 8 and see if that helps with start up speed.
-Rebecca

And so the lion fell in love with the lamb.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users