Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Floppy wont work

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kelton_b

kelton_b

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 11 July 2005 - 11:48 PM

Well at first my floppy was jammed, but then me and my dad unjammed it but it wont read floppies. It wont read them. It says "device not ready" or somethng like that "try again" I went to try to take the drive out but its too small and cram-packed to take it out. So I dont know what to do. I need it to work, so if we get a new comp, we can transfer information. But we wont get a new computer for awhile so it doesnt have to be fixed right away, I can take my time.

Kelton

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 12 July 2005 - 03:30 AM

hi when you wrote you got floppy out what did you use, because it sounds as if you have damaged the system inside, have you taken both sides of your tower off, if not this is how you do it. having removed both sides of tower you will see some little screws holding it in take them out keeping them ready to reuse, remove the face from front of the tower by unclipping it very gently, you won't be able to put it far because of wires attached, now remove ribbon attatched to back of floppy, and the main power lead going to it, just pull both they should come off.

Now over here youyou can purchase for 8.00 which is very reasonable.

putting it back in is reverse of removal.

Keep us posted how you get on.
Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

#3 kelton_b

kelton_b
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 12 July 2005 - 03:02 PM

Something was like stuck, and if i remember right, it was a flat head screw driver. We didnt go in that far though. But it started not to work before it got jammed.

Ill see what i can do.

Kelton

#4 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 12 July 2005 - 03:34 PM

Hi then yes floppy no good, try another one
Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users