Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

macbook won't boot, only to spinning wheel

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 buddyclm

buddyclm

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:39 AM

I came across a Macbook with OS X 10.5.4, when the laptop is turning on, it goes to a screen with a gray apple and spinning wheel under it and it will stay there for hours and not boot. I looked online and tried to boot it in safe mode, which it won't do. I have put in the OS X installation cd/dvd and after it goes in, about 10 seconds later it spits it back out. I have tried to put it in and hold down the c key while the laptop boots, but the cd/dvd won't stay in long enough for it to boot. On my previous internet search I found a post that said some people were having this problem and the power light always stayed amber and they took the battery out and turned the computer back on and it booted. I tried that and it didn't work either (fyi, the power light is always amber when the computer is on or off except when the battery was out, then it was green). I did get the laptop to boot into disk diagnostics and it did not find any problems. Any help as to what I need to do to fix this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 715 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:30 AM

Resolve startup issues and perform disk maintenance with Disk Utility and fsck

#3 nqzdepofltr

nqzdepofltr

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:59 AM

Are there any wierd sounds from the hard drive?
How old is it?
Might be an hard drive failure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users