Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pimp my gma's computer results

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kelton_b

kelton_b

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 PM

Posted 11 July 2005 - 11:41 PM

Well I just wanted to say thanks. Her computer still isnt really as fast as I wanted it. It use to take 4 minutes and 56 secs, to start up now it take 4mins. But there was one virus, and a whole bunch of files she didnt need. I didnt dare to defrag cause I was afraid it would mix things up or what not. But heres a list of stuff I did do, I did.....
Avast Anti Virus (1 Virus)
CCleaner
Spybot S&D (she already had it it just wasnt up to date)
Ad-Aware
Air Blew her computer out.

I think that well be alright. I was gonna do Highjack This but...I figured I didnt want too much stuff on her computer. Thanks for helping me out. I just hope she doesnt get mad at me for screwing around with her computer. Thanks a bunch.

Kelton

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 phatcat42141

phatcat42141

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 11 July 2005 - 11:45 PM

Well I just wanted to say thanks. Her computer still isnt really as fast as I wanted it. It use to take 4 minutes and 56 secs, to start up now it take 4mins. But there was one virus, and a whole bunch of files she didnt need. I didnt dare to defrag cause I was afraid it would mix things up or what not.

Defraging her computer will speed it up a little. When you defrag it what it does is take files that are scattered all over the harddrive and puts them together in order. That way the computer don't have to search all over the harddrive for the file you are using.

I hope this made since :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users