Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Is not Booting Corectly Weird Problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Josh Rogan

Josh Rogan

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 24 July 2009 - 03:11 AM

I Have two hard drives on my computer and I only could boot my computer when both Hard drives are on. The problem started after I uninstalled the Windows 7 RC and reinstalled vista on my first hard drive but I still had the RC on my second one. At first I couldn't boot at all but I put in a Vista Recovery Disk and that fixed the problem. But to test to make sure the problem was completely fixed I unplugged my HDD with the RC on it and it won't boot. It isn't a big deal but it means something in windows is not installed right on my first HDD. Also I attempted to make recovery disks and it failed. If anyone could help me or give me an idea of why this is happening or could fix it, that would be great.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chyrl

chyrl

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2009 - 06:00 AM

Hmhhh... Wierd.
What is your main HDD which OS did you install first using both HDD?
Data is everywhere to find. So as every byte means a lot to the society.

#3 Josh Rogan

Josh Rogan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2009 - 01:16 PM

My main disk has just vista on it but at one time had the RC on it. My secondary just had the RC which I also deleted in an attempt to fix this problem. Also I checked in Computer Management and it says that my first HDD is the (system, boot, page file, active, crash dump, and primary partition). The order in which I installed was Vista on HDD one, then the RC on HDDone, then the RC on HDD 2, then deleted RC on HDD one, and reinstalled vista. Then ultimately deleted the RC on HDD 2.

Edited by Josh Rogan, 24 July 2009 - 01:18 PM.

#4 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• BC Advisor
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 26 July 2009 - 07:31 AM

Disconnect your second hard drive and then run the Vista Recovery Console "startup repair" tool .... more than once if necessary .... and you should be right to go. Check that it boots up correctly.

You could then connect your second hard drive, and if you then wished > delete paritition > create partition > format as required.
AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

#5 Josh Rogan

Josh Rogan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:06 PM

Alright i Fixed it Thanks for your input.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users