Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Here...

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 NexRad

NexRad

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:54 PM

I was wondering how long it generally takes to get a reply about a posted HJT log. I have never posted on THIS site but was wondering if anyone knew that "time frame" average....(truely an educated guess)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 24 July 2009 - 01:23 PM

Please note that Bleeping Computer deals with several hundred requests for assistance such as yours on a daily basis. As a result, our backlog is quite large, as are other comparable sites that help others with malware issues. Athough our HJT Team members work on hundreds of requests each day, they are all volunteers who work logs when they can and are able to do so. No one is paid by Bleeping Computer for their assistance to our members.

Further, our malware removal staff is comprised of team members with various levels of skill and expertise to deal with thousands of malware variants, some more complex than others. Although we try to take DDS/HJT logs in order (starting with the oldest), it is often the skill level of the particular helper and sometimes the operating system that dictates which logs get selected first. Some infections are more complicated than others and require a higher skill level to remove. Without that skill level attempted removal could result in disastrous results. In other instances, the helper may not be familiar with the operating system that you are using, since they use another. In either case, you wouldn't want someone to assist you who is not familiar with your issue and attempt to fix it, would you?

Thank you for understanding.
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 1002 Richard S

1002 Richard S

• Members
  • 277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 24 July 2009 - 01:39 PM

Hi NexRad,

The help when you get it will be the best, so well worth the wait!
Once you are finished resolving the issue you're trying to solve - how about starting the training to help others in the future? Here's a link to the relevant thread here at BC
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/86678/malware-removal-training-program/

I know that I'm not tech savvy enough to volunteer but if you are, why not go for it??

Just a thought ....

#4 NexRad

NexRad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2009 - 01:47 PM

Went there to sign up for the classes and it says that no slots are open right now. I was just telling my wife early this morning that I woud like to learn what is needed to fight back!!

#5 NexRad

NexRad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2009 - 02:01 PM

As I say this I am asking that if you are reading this and either can, or know someone who can, open another spot in the school right now is the best time for me....I will be off work for probably the next 2 weeks straight. Things are slow at my shop and I spend a lot of time online (especially late at night). I am really wanting to learn what it takes to help other people that are experiencing all of these different troubles

Thank you all in advance for your anticipated help,
Ken (NexRad)

#6 NexRad

NexRad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2009 - 07:45 PM

Now all I need is one of those passwords to enter. So, if one of the Admins would see it fit to allow the training I am willing to learn and assist.

Thanks

#7 1002 Richard S

1002 Richard S

• Members
  • 277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 25 July 2009 - 01:03 AM

Hopefully garmanma (who replied above) will see this and get in touch with you. I'm sure they wouldn't want to miss out on yoiur offer.

#8 NexRad

NexRad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2009 - 05:56 PM

Hopefully garmanma (who replied above) will see this and get in touch with you. I'm sure they wouldn't want to miss out on yoiur offer.

I only hope so. I would truely LOVE to learn what it takes to help others. I see SO many people that need help, and not all of them come to sites like this. I could use the training DAILY. Especially with work being slow right now, I really have nothing else to do but sit and wait. To be honest though, I guess I'm not to contact anyone directly about the training but just sit back and wait for an opening.... :thumbsup: We'll see. Hopefully he will look into this post and I can go from there. Thank you for your reply.

#9 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 25 July 2009 - 06:14 PM

Moved from Introductions to a more appropriate forum. :thumbsup: Tw

#10 NexRad

NexRad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2009 - 06:33 PM

Moved from Introductions to a more appropriate forum. :thumbsup: Tw

ok...

#11 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:33 AM

The selection process for the HJT Training Program is quite rigorous and rife with trials and torment.

The specifics are highly classified but I can tell you that it involves your first born personal computer, various incantations (all of which mention the movie "War Games" [the original, not the remake {alternatively, The Forbin Project can be invoked}]), the performance by the initiate of a song and dance number (you have the option of choosing from Rogers and Hammerstein or Gilbert and Sullivan), a container of frozen concentrated orange juice, an original copy of the morris worm, and a goose named Sally who's in charge or running the Bleeping Computer staff commissary and bar as well as running the daily backups for Grinler.

Or at least, that's what I gather. The Study Hall Admins don't speak to me much. :thumbsup:

#12 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,252 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:15 AM

and a goose named Sally who's in charge or running the Bleeping Computer staff commissary and bar

Where is that bar?????????????????? I want too!!!!

BTW, I really would love a comment from Sally the goose here :thumbsup:

Or at least, that's what I gather. The Study Hall Admins don't speak to me much.

Now why doesn't surprise me that......... :flowers:

But now seriously, just keep checking those slots, they open up quite frequently, but you have to be fast, you can bookmarkt the page and check back there daily.

You don't need any specific knowledge, only the desire to learn new and interesting things!

Edited by elise025, 29 July 2009 - 05:20 AM.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

#13 NexRad

NexRad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 08 August 2009 - 06:48 PM

I check quite frequently.

What are some examples of the *special circumstances* that would warrant consideration for entry to the program prior to a public opening?

Edited by NexRad, 08 August 2009 - 07:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users