Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WORD 2000

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ZeYusAngelBee

ZeYusAngelBee

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 03 May 2004 - 02:49 PM

When I got this computer, my parents had it chock full of wonderful programs, but I soon discovered I loved WORD 2000 the best.

I used it for letters, for office projects, classroom projects, etc.

Then I got a nasty virus called Magistr.A and it made my computer eat itself.

I REFORMATTED and RESTORED Windows 98SE using the manufacture disks that came with the computer but discovered when my Outlook Express started, WORD 2000 had disappeared.

The folder was there BUT, it seems empty, so there are programs that try to access WORD 2000 and I wind up having to consider deleting the program.

Last time I did it, my Windows crashed which confused me. Anyway, now I am using OpenOffice.

Is it possible to delete WORD 2000 without crashing my system? If so, how?
~~ZeYusAngelBee~~

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Plimsol_*

Guest_Plimsol_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 May 2004 - 06:23 PM

After you reformatted and reinstalled did you install Office agian?

#3 ZeYusAngelBee

ZeYusAngelBee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2004 - 06:24 PM

After you reformatted and reinstalled did you install Office agian?

the only disks my parents had did not include WORD 2000, so the answer is NO
~~ZeYusAngelBee~~

#4 Guest_Plimsol_*

Guest_Plimsol_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 May 2004 - 06:36 PM

Well back to your original question, when uninstall routines for Office, or other applications, go bad it becomes a pain to uninstall. For most programs it really is not a problem, but for programs like office that integrate themselves so deeply into the operating system it can be a pain.

Microsoft does have a utility for removing traces of office from your computer. THis program for Office 2000 can be found here:

[ur=http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;239938]Erase2K[/url]

And for Office97
[ur=http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;176823]Erase97[/url]

Then you can remove the directory that is left over, usually Microsoft Office, from your program files.

#5 ZeYusAngelBee

ZeYusAngelBee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 03 May 2004 - 06:38 PM

Thank you for the URL. I will take a look then post how it went. Thanks very much
~~ZeYusAngelBee~~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users